• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all brothers and sisters,

Please share the great things in Setia Tropika, i am keen to find out and also like to share my own experience.

Thank you so much in advance.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice, very popular with the locals like HH to Singaporeans.. Good investment.

Hi all brothers and sisters,

Please share the great things in Setia Tropika, i am keen to find out and also like to share my own experience.

Thank you so much in advance.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought Setia Sky Gardens and estimated to be ready only early 2014.
Intending to use it as holiday home initially...then rent out if possible.
So far, I've only been to the Macdonald's, although there's also the KFC and Starbucks nearby.
Understand that they are building a commercial office+shops+convention centre at that area.

Location-wise, I think it's good with the EDL linking the causeway directly to ST taking only 10-15minutes.
Rumoured also that the transportation hub (connecting to city via MTR, and to KL via highspeed rail) is near ST.

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought Setia Sky Gardens and estimated to be ready only early 2014.
Intending to use it as holiday home initially...then rent out if possible.
So far, I've only been to the Macdonald's, although there's also the KFC and Starbucks nearby.
Understand that they are building a commercial office+shops+convention centre at that area.

Location-wise, I think it's good with the EDL linking the causeway directly to ST taking only 10-15minutes.
Rumoured also that the transportation hub (connecting to city via MTR, and to KL via highspeed rail) is near ST.

Ya, heard the interchange will be located at Kempas which is very near to ST. But it'll takes another 10 yrs to materialise.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you arsenal, Aisanbo and lakeview for the contributions.

I am about to shift to a setia tropika unit sold by another sporean(not related to me).

The unit was like love at first sight for my wife and me, after viewing so many units, we still prefer the first unit we viewed.

Hope to hear more on tropika!

silvia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am about to shift to a setia tropika unit sold by another sporean(not related to me).

The unit was like love at first sight for my wife and me, after viewing so many units, we still prefer the first unit we viewed.

Bro, care to share what kind of unit and estimated price you paid? I'm also thinking of that place, especially now the EDL have been completed and is now like 10min drive from 1st link custom.
If not, you can PM me too :smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations!

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Join their Facebook group : Setia Troipika Residents - it is very active.

I am not residing there but joined the group for some general info on JB matters and also at one time, was considering a property there.

ST is pleasant and easily accessible to Causeway. But not easily accessible to hypermarkets and nice eateries (unlike Bukit Indah or Sutera utama). The shops there are rather quiet over weekends and they are not as 'hip' as those at Sutera and Indah . My personal observation.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis Crystal, heard from who ah? I have read alot of threads about this termite thingy and some forumers said that it happens when the land the house was built on was formerly forests (a specific type that is not ex rubber plantation). Does that mean all homes built on recently cleared land has this problem? I am vested in Bukit Indah (Cadenza), also developed by SP Setia, so I am also concerned about this. And since I already bought the place and am waiting for it to be completed, I want to know whats the best way to solve it should it occur. Anti termite treatment every year/5 years? Whats the cost? Anyone can share?

Btw Sis Crystal, we could be close neighbours soon even though we are from different development. I think my location at Jalan Indah 7 is just one street away from Jalan Idaman 8 (if I am not wrong you bought NI precint 8?) Actually I am very excited about moving to JB. So everytime I read how excited you are about going into JB, I can totally relate to it :smile:

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yeah one suggestion. Is it possible to start a thread under Setia Developments? Or do people here generally do it under community? There are alot of HH residents in this forum, so was wondering if could start one for Bukit Indah-the address? :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis Crystal, heard from who ah? I have read alot of threads about this termite thingy and some forumers said that it happens when the land the house was built on was formerly forests (a specific type that is not ex rubber plantation). Does that mean all homes built on recently cleared land has this problem? I am vested in Bukit Indah (Cadenza), also developed by SP Setia, so I am also concerned about this. And since I already bought the place and am waiting for it to be completed, I want to know whats the best way to solve it should it occur. Anti termite treatment every year/5 years? Whats the cost? Anyone can share?

Btw Sis Crystal, we could be close neighbours soon even though we are from different development. I think my location at Jalan Indah 7 is just one street away from Jalan Idaman 8 (if I am not wrong you bought NI precint 8?) Actually I am very excited about moving to JB. So everytime I read how excited you are about going into JB, I can totally relate to it :smile:

Hi

I read it from Setia Tropika facebook , those are reported by the residents ....
I am not too sure abt the termites control etc ....

Jalan Indah 7 ? which development is that ?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you go to Living-in-JB (part 1 :eek: ) yes there's a part 1, There is a discussion there about this problem, to summarize, apparently if you have ants around, preferably the Black ones, the red ones also can BUT those fellows tend to bite us humans ( very unsociable, especially since they crawl around our homes :biggrin: ) then supposedly there will not be any termites around. Ants and termites DON'T get along. Bro Wuqi mentioned that HH has been treated for termites!!! Bro Analytical Professor who was an earlier member and contributor to "Part 1"mentioned that the lady fingers and Brinjals that he grew in his gardens come out very pale, if not white in colour. I guess the chemicals have effects on the surrounding area and organism, plants as well as animals if you have pets.
IMO, if you have kids keep an eye on them when playing in the garden/outside, making sure they don't pick anything from the ground/grass and put it in their mouth. Also wash their hands thoroughly before eating or after playing outside- more a precautionary measure than anything else. Better safe than them falling sick!!!
Enjoy your new house and stay:biggrin:

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis Crystal, the development is under Bukit Indah-the address by SP Setia. Jalan Indah 7 is the actual site for Arte, Belleza and Candenza. BI.jpg

Hi Grago, thanks for the info. No children, just one dog. I did not get the corner unit (all good facing sold out), so settled for an intermediate. May reconsider moving my dog over because she loves to pick up things from the floor and swallow them. Don't want to come home to a 'stiff' dog. So it seems like termites will be there, just need to treat the land. How to treat it if the house is already built on it. I suppose Setia would treat it before construction? When I move in, will surely look out for the good ants and as precaution, will not have too much wood stuff.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this is a thread about ST, I thought I should share what I thought about developments like ST and similar like NI, HH (not price). Those large developments like ST, SEG, HH, etc, the feeling I get is that you have a large compound that is being fenced up. You get in through one main gate (so far can get in without being checked in HH), so you feel like you are going home to a HUGE compound and a place that is out of bounds to the public, and then there are smaller individual security gates within the compound which can give you the added feeling of security because there is another layer of fencing and gate. Depending on each development, if the general consensus within the community is that it is safe, then you see more people hanging out in the common areas like garden, children's playground, jogging etc. If that is what you like, then you should choose a development that is already completed (like ST, HH, NI selected precints) and get a feel on the ground (new developments you wont know until people move in).

I did not have a long checklist (convenience, good location were my only tangible criteria) when I selected my unit, so alot of things were based on emotions (I have a very high feel good factor about my place, especially after I went through the muddy construction road leading to my unit and realised that its a unit that is on higher ground within the development; this is if you believe in fengshui).

One forumer Cathy said that you know when a house is meant for you when you feel it. I really believe it because so far the places I have lived in before all have that feel good factor and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Go with how you feel if you plan to live in it and it wont go wrong :smile:

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Join their Facebook group : Setia Troipika Residents - it is very active.

I am not residing there but joined the group for some general info on JB matters and also at one time, was considering a property there.

ST is pleasant and easily accessible to Causeway. But not easily accessible to hypermarkets and nice eateries (unlike Bukit Indah or Sutera utama). The shops there are rather quiet over weekends and they are not as 'hip' as those at Sutera and Indah . My personal observation.

i believe in mid to long term, ST has the better potential than SBI. As all development there are G&G, nice & neatly planned. With the train terminal linking nearby here, and Hypermart like Tesco planning to be built nearby.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
i got the one at Licuala Garden, intermediate lot. Well renovated, fully furnished and move-in condition. Basically alot of factors to buy this unit, the distance to CIQ, as i need to travel to SG to work daily, the reno and furnitures, dont need headache find contractors. weekend wont be problem even if really quiet n no malls(rumours). i will travel to bt indah area find my in-laws.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
now kind of worried as i am waiting for bank approval and going to option on weekend, havent confirm a lwayer as the one introduced by agent was too expensive.