• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore to Senai airport

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I booked air tickets from senai airport to Kota Kinabalu in June.
Departing 10.30am on a sat.
I am thinking of spending a night at U and Me hotel at Kulai so that I would not miss the flight.
Anyone stayed there before and how is the surrounding in terms of safety?
Do you think it is ok (i.e. little chance of cock up) to take a cab from SG to Senai airport on Sat morning itself?
Thanks.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been to Kulai but only during the day. Not sure how it is at night.

If you take a taxi from SG to Senai on the day of the flight itself, once you clear 2nd Link, at a speed of 110~120kmh, you will reach Senai airport within 30min.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reviews seem okay. None highlighted safety concerns

http://www.booking.com/hotel/my/u-and-me.en.html

If not sure about a place, best to travel without flashing luxury goods. Since the flight is in early morning, u might need to be at the airport by 8.45am. I would rather not leave everything at a mad rush in the morning. Staying in kulai and get to airport within 15 mins seems a good plan so that you can minimize the chance of having your holiday ruined by traffic jam at customs etc. I don't know much about kulai so can't advise much. Sorry

I have been to KK and it's a great relaxing place. My fav shopping mall was 1borneo (more atas) followed by suria. Have a great time :smile:

I am thinking of spending a night at U and Me hotel at Kulai so that I would not miss the flight.
Do you think it is ok (i.e. little chance of cock up) to take a cab from SG to Senai airport on Sat morning itself?
Thanks.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

Just to be sure, you might want to check with the hotel reception if it is easy to get a cab in the morning.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks all for reply.
I just called a number 6296-7054 (Johor Taxi Service) and the man quoted S$85 to pick me up directly from home to Senai Airport (or the hotel).
They will sms me the taxi number plate and time to confirm.

Maybe I would just take a cab directly to airport on the flight day itself on a Sat.
Set-off earlier at 6am to be on the safe side.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks all for reply.
I just called a number 6296-7054 (Johor Taxi Service) and the man quoted S$85 to pick me up directly from home to Senai Airport (or the hotel).
They will sms me the taxi number plate and time to confirm.

Maybe I would just take a cab directly to airport on the flight day itself on a Sat.
Set-off earlier at 6am to be on the safe side.

last saturday I left my home near eunos, at 710am and arrived 820am in Senai airport via 2nd link. I was worried because of easter saturday as I saw causeway jammed at that time of the morning by the webcam. 2nd link was a breeze but we never can tell from the webcam because if any jam will be in Malaysian CIQ side more. so will depend the date you travel is eve or day 1 of any public holiday. if not, should be smooth .

if worried, why not have a pre-holiday by staying at the ever-serene Pulai Springs Resort? It is only 15 minutes to Senai airport and can go JPO just nearby... :smile:

Last edited: