• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is SP setia standard

nocatco

I think I'll avoid SP septia ,the eco garden properties are not cheap but they are build with this kind of quality . :eek:

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, it their design especially the ones in bukit indah that really turns me off. Looks like factories instead of homes! When seen side by side, Nusa Idaman's design is certainly more pleasing to the eyes :-)

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprise. Just see the Setia project that completed 5 year ago. See how the look. Using low grade paint and cement all crack.
Even HDB using cheap quality also will not be jailat like this.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand this is a single storey unit at SEG costing around RM200K+,...

looks like the cement mix is of low quality and disintegrating....

Owner seemed very distraught and start whacking the whole unit...poor fellow. The house integrity is actually ok cos there is still a layer of cement below the sand. He should get Setia to hire an independent civil engineer to re-verify the unit's integrity. This is even tho CF has been issued. its always good to work with developers when defects happen.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip said:

Owner seemed very distraught and start whacking the whole unit...poor fellow. The house integrity is actually ok cos there is still a layer of cement below the sand. He should get Setia to hire an independent civil engineer to re-verify the unit's integrity. This is even tho CF has been issued. its always good to work with developers when defects happen.

Actually I am quite surprised seeing so many complaints abt SP quality. I know in KL at least house buyers hold SP in quite a high regard. Not sure if they have varying degrees of quality control btw the Johor and KL development. Though I think now perhaps they think Bukit Indah houses sells by itself now that the township is already a success. Been to their sales office, both in bukit indah and seg... Not impressed with sales staffs, pretty arrogant...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My JB contractor swore SP quality is good...

Actually I am quite surprised seeing so many complaints abt SP quality. I know in KL at least house buyers hold SP in quite a high regard. Not sure if they have varying degrees of quality control btw the Johor and KL development. Though I think now perhaps they think Bukit Indah houses sells by itself now that the township is already a success. Been to their sales office, both in bukit indah and seg... Not impressed with sales staffs, pretty arrogant...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate SP Setia. They maciam HDB like that... their selling style. I hate Gamuda... they maciam FEO. I hate all these idiotic developers... hope they close door.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree, should contact the developer first and get them to work on this.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Quality between KL and Johor is pretty different, hence friends don't really like their houses. Arrogance is something most sales staff share when they are making money or when money comes easy.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the video it looks like the guy is chipping away at the wall plastering with a hollow steel pipe. No wall plaster will stand up to such abuse.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia, where is the refund for the Casacadia booking fees S$500,that you promised to refund in two weeks time?
Now already four weeks.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia, where is the refund for the Casacadia booking fees S$500,that you promised to refund in two weeks time?
Now already four weeks.

Was there any fine print that says refund in two weeks? I remembered Setia saying verbally that refund was two weeks but when I was signing for the $500 deposit, I recalled the written words were not. Always read what you sign and decide if you are ok with it, not what was verbally promised to you. I am not from Setia. Just someone who is cautious when signing documents because I always find loopholes between what was said and what was written, so the rule I apply is to make sure I read every word (or get your lawyer to go through every point in the document with you).

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was there any fine print that says refund in two weeks? I remembered Setia saying verbally that refund was two weeks but when I was signing for the $500 deposit, I recalled the written words were not. Always read what you sign and decide if you are ok with it, not what was verbally promised to you. I am not from Setia. Just someone who is cautious when signing documents because I always find loopholes between what was said and what was written, so the rule I apply is to make sure I read every word (or get your lawyer to go through every point in the document with you).

i understand your point. Went to their sales office, another staff who is not sales staff explained that she will not promise customers two weeks, usually three to four weeks.
She can even say if no authorised people sign cheque then more delays.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
i understand your point. Went to their sales office, another staff who is not sales staff explained that she will not promise customers two weeks, usually three to four weeks.
She can even say if no authorised people sign cheque then more delays.

Well Setia always has talks on Saturdays and trips to the property site on Sundays (think they did it the past few weeks). If they have not responded to your written requests (putting things down on paper always puts a date and therefore pressure will mount when its very obvious that no action was done), you can always make a trip to their Singapore office when they are at their busiest and say your request out loud. Surely someone would attend to you so that your request would not freak out potential buyers.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

It shall not be a problem to get a refund from Setia. I'm got back mine before but it took about a month. Suggest to you to approach Senior staff eg . manager.

you are considered lucky, only 500 deposit. my brother's very unlucky, RM5000. Sale executive said that it is fully refundable earlier on during deposit, and then 3 days later wanted for a refund. Sale exec said must write in, depend on management, must state good reason to justify, require supporting doc and all nonsense..etc It has been 2 months and no news. I asked him to approach Home buyer Tribunal to sort out the issue.

I don't want to blacklist the developer here. Sorry.

Last edited: