• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blessing the house

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Tips and ways one does to prepare a house before moving into.
Welcome to post your experience (solicting for services not so due to feedback from bros here)

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls do include when collecting keys n officially needs to do what when open the doors for hakkas? I know hokkiens throw pineapples to roll in .....thanks!!

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I have been snooping around this forum for a couple of weeks since I booked a unit at Bukit Indah Cadenza. What I usually do before moving into a new home include:-

1) Get a good date and time from fengshui master based on your birthday (ba-zi)
2) On actual day, bring those charcoal stove and light fire using charcoal outside the house
3) Put charcoal stove in door and walk over it (signify 'enter fire' or 'yup-for' or 'ru-huo')
4) Bring stove and put it in all parts of the house (to bring the 'fire' to all parts of the house)
5) Sprinkle rice over corners of the house
6) Finally bring the stove to the kitchen where it rightfully belongs (signify will always have food in the house) and once charcoal finish, keep the stove in the kitchen
7) Arrange house warming (need not be same day but this is a must to bring 'wang' to the house)

This is my Cantonese version of 'yup for'. I asked a Hakka friend and she has nothing to contribute.

For those who want to 'wang' even before that, can also do this for renovation. Get a fengshui master to give you a good day and time and the direction to start the renovation based on your ba-zi, and you can go and use a hammer to knock on that wall to signify 'commencement of reno'. I did this once when my contractor can only start work on seventh month but its not auspicious so I did the 'knocking to signify start of renovation' before seventh month.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Pls do include when collecting keys n officially needs to do what when open the doors for hakkas? I know hokkiens throw pineapples to roll in .....thanks!!

Throwing and rolling in pineapples? Hmm interesting I have never done that and i am Hokkien.
Would this pineapple work too?

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/19000/Pineapple-Grenade-19160.jpg

Sounds like army training FIBUA and room clearing back in the army
where one throws grenades and thunderflash into rooms.

I think confirm the room plus house will be "cleared" :wink:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi I have been snooping around this forum for a couple of weeks since I booked a unit at Bukit Indah Cadenza. What I usually do before moving into a new home include:-

1) Get a good date and time from fengshui master based on your birthday (ba-zi)
2) On actual day, bring those charcoal stove and light fire using charcoal outside the house
3) Put charcoal stove in door and walk over it (signify 'enter fire' or 'yup-for' or 'ru-huo')
4) Bring stove and put it in all parts of the house (to bring the 'fire' to all parts of the house)
5) Sprinkle rice over corners of the house
6) Finally bring the stove to the kitchen where it rightfully belongs (signify will always have food in the house) and once charcoal finish, keep the stove in the kitchen
7) Arrange house warming (need not be same day but this is a must to bring 'wang' to the house)

This is my Cantonese version of 'yup for'. I asked a Hakka friend and she has nothing to contribute.

For those who want to 'wang' even before that, can also do this for renovation. Get a fengshui master to give you a good day and time and the direction to start the renovation based on your ba-zi, and you can go and use a hammer to knock on that wall to signify 'commencement of reno'. I did this once when my contractor can only start work on seventh month but its not auspicious so I did the 'knocking to signify start of renovation' before seventh month.

Thanks for sharing all these, nice to know. The only knocking we did was knock on wood (main door) prior to stepping over the charcoal burner (it has to be a new one)

:smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah. I register so I could see the pics of some developments posted in other threads. I benefitted alot from the discussions in this forum, so if I could contribute in any small way I will do so.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Throwing and rolling in pineapples? Hmm interesting I have never done that and i am Hokkien.
Would this pineapple work too?

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/19000/Pineapple-Grenade-19160.jpg

Sounds like army training FIBUA and room clearing back in the army
where one throws grenades and thunderflash into rooms.

I think confirm the room plus house will be "cleared" :wink:

I moved into my new house recently and my mum prepared a pineapple each for my wife and myself.. Pineapple is ONG LAI (luck come) in hokkien mah.

We also sprinkled rice mixed with salt at corners of the house. Must throw hard and say, "Go away, this house belongs to me now"

After that, we did a simple praying to the earth god.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I moved into my new house recently and my mum prepared a pineapple each for my wife and myself.. Pineapple is ONG LAI (luck come) in hokkien mah.

We also sprinkled rice mixed with salt at corners of the house. Must throw hard and say, "Go away, this house belongs to me now"

After that, we did a simple praying to the earth god.

I was just pulling sis Crystal's leg, no pineapple but salt and rice is always good especially if the house was ready for a long time and no one moved in.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I do:-

1. bring along your posession papers, ICs and bith certs of would be household members and leave it in the kitchen to show whoever that we are rightful owners of the house.

2. bring a kettle of water to boil to 'wang' the house.

3. Mixture of tea leaves, rice and salt. '天罗地网‘. Sprinkle from inside to outside. From upstairs inner most first. then from downstairs inner most towards the car pouch gate. Its to chase away whosoever that has been residing inside the house.

4. Then after a while, use a broom to sweep away everything. From upstairs inner most first. then from downstairs inner most towards the car pouch gate.

5. Use a hammer to knock on every corner of the house to symbolize the start of renovation work so that we do not need to do it again before renovation actually starts.

Thats all I did on the first day when I get the key to the house. But of cause you have to get an auspicious date and timing lah. Also give time allowance for the handover too.