• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fireflies (Kunang kunang in Bahasa)

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can find them in Kota Tinggi or Mersing. If anyone is keen and has the time for nature. Most Singaporeans have no opportunity to see them. Watch after 2 mins as the video is quite long.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. Didn't know we can find this in JB. Looks amazing.

They were on a boat ... Do u know how long the ride is?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi guys, no need to travel so far to Kota Tinggi or Mersing, they have firefly-watch boat trip at Puteri Harbour too.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I presumed no lights on the boat while watching the fireflies. Abit scary while on the water not knowing what the surrounding is ... Especially when it is one hour off the shore ... Scared scared ..

No worries as there is sufficient lights from both sides of the river or form the moonlight if there is a moon. A strong torchlight will be used by the boatman.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No worries as there is sufficient lights from both sides of the river or form the moonlight if there is a moon. A strong torchlight will be used by the boatman.

Yes i have done that with family but costs about 400-500 RM so best to bring everyone and fill them up. My dad even had a turn on the boat as he took us to first and 2nd link. :smile:

Didn't do the firefly one as it was too early,best to call to book 1-2 days at least.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I presumed no lights on the boat while watching the fireflies. Abit scary while on the water not knowing what the surrounding is ... Especially when it is one hour off the shore ... Scared scared ..

They will put at least 2 staff in the boat, one to pilot it, the other for safety, they will also request we use life jackets, etc. Its pretty safe IMHO and the area Puteri Harbour is in is actually very very near to SG.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will keep that in mind for an excursion when I have gathered enough friends to do it :smile: probably end of this year when Lego land opens.

Yes i have done that with family but costs about 400-500 RM so best to bring everyone and fill them up. My dad even had a turn on the boat as he took us to first and 2nd link. :smile:

Didn't do the firefly one as it was too early,best to call to book 1-2 days at least.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes have gone for the fireflies trip with my family with two children aged 6 and 3. The younger girl was initially scared about the dark and started crying but after like we've gone 5-10 mins into the dark and saw the fireflies, she got so quiet and very fascinated by the insects.

It does look scary I have to tell you cos the boat is quite low and looks like a floating platform with railings. But ended up safe and sound back anyway. I really enjoyed the night scenery, vast night sky opening up before you and the starry starry night.

They have such trips from any of the Desaru hotels, typically RM40 per adult, lesser for children. But if you have your own transport, you can just follow the coach through the plantation till they reach this orang asli like houses. You pay the ticket for RM20 per pax there. Think since the Senai - Desaru highway is up, should be easier to get there.