• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I buy a Malaysian car then get a driver to drive my car with my family to sing??

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I buy a mysian car employ a driver and drive us to Singapore?? Since I can't drive a mysian car to sing rite??

If buy sing car got to worry about Coe again!!?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Can I buy a Malaysian car then get a driver to drive my car with my family to sin

Yes you most definitely can, only thing is the daily toll bothways and salary of the driver plus 20 dollars per entry after the first 10 free entries. Plus you have to add 5 dollars for whole day ERP i think.

Seen quite a few already doing that, some are very clearly ang moh, spoke with a chap who is from Germany. He has been doing this for some time. :smile:

A typical car cost about 47 to 100k RM. No COE. Road tax per year for a 1.5 l car here is about 90 RM.

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can I buy a Malaysian car then get a driver to drive my car with my family to sin

Yes you most definitely can, only thing is the daily toll bothways and salary of the driver plus 20 dollars per entry after the first 10 free entries. Plus you have to add 5 dollars for whole day ERP i think.

Seen quite a few already doing that, some are very clearly ang moh, spoke with a chap who is from Germany. He has been doing this for some time. :smile:

A typical car cost about 47 to 100k RM. No COE. Road tax per year for a 1.5 l car here is about 90 RM.

Wah bro u know everything! U r like walking information desk......:biggrin:

Can share more about the timing for free and the timing they charge $20?? I guess it's during holidays free entry and Sunday also free..... Like that dun need buy sg cars Liao ........ Buy a suv can already!!

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal

testing message

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Arowana88, maybe your working hours can save more since :

Free entry into Singapore from 5pm – 2am during weekdays and for whole day during weekends and public holidays (no need for payment of VEP fees).

Link

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Arowana88, maybe your working hours can save more since :

Free entry into Singapore from 5pm – 2am during weekdays and for whole day during weekends and public holidays (no need for payment of VEP fees).

Link

Thks bros for the reply and answers!

If can do that it will be great! Imagine 1 month minus sat and sun, only 22 days to bring kids to school in sg and vep only $440. Use school bus 1 kid RM300 x 2 equal RM 600 convert sing$ 250. At least kids dun need wake up so early..... And car dun need to worry for price depreciation and COE! Win win situation !

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

So bro wuqi, it's confirm I can buy a car under my name and get a driver to drive me and my family everyday regardless of the payments and there won't be any problem??

Wat is the meaning or difference with auto pass and cash card?? Think it's the same, just different name they give rite?? My wife worried in my kids take school bus, so I tot of this way.....hope this is feasible.......

So as to say the Malaysia car can come to sing as long as we pay and use the same cash card or auto pass correct???

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thks bros for the reply and answers!

If can do that it will be great! Imagine 1 month minus sat and sun, only 22 days to bring kids to school in sg and vep only $440. Use school bus 1 kid RM300 x 2 equal RM 600 convert sing$ 250. At least kids dun need wake up so early..... And car dun need to worry for price depreciation and COE! Win win situation !

Need to add the driver's salary.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Bro Wuqi mentioned before, around Rm 1k.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think Bro Wuqi mentioned before, around Rm 1k.

RM1k. U think driver is very cheap ah?
I think is about RM1500 for cheap driver or more.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not know the rate since I do not hire.

I had asked before in the forum as we did consider this option before.

Well, Rm1.5k then. :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

So bro wuqi, it's confirm I can buy a car under my name and get a driver to drive me and my family everyday regardless of the payments and there won't be any problem??

Wat is the meaning or difference with auto pass and cash card?? Think it's the same, just different name they give rite?? My wife worried in my kids take school bus, so I tot of this way.....hope this is feasible.......

So as to say the Malaysia car can come to sing as long as we pay and use the same cash card or auto pass correct???

Confirmed plus chop. My neighbours are already doing so. I have more than 3 cars at home. What do you think? Its really a car heaven.
:biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

RM1k. U think driver is very cheap ah?
I think is about RM1500 for cheap driver or more.

Actually 1k RM is the price quoted to us by our neighbours friend. His drive is currently getting about 1k RM as well as he only goes in about 20 days a week and the driver can drive the car back (2nd hand Proton car under 10k RM) so it also depends on the hours needed.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Confirmed plus chop. My neighbours are already doing so. I have more than 3 cars at home. What do you think? Its really a car heaven.
:biggrin:

Wah bro u got 3 cars is it?? Borrow me one la! Hehe

I guess it's 1 sg car and 2 my cars!?? How u think about proton axora??

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Er...the drivers ...are they reliable? Can we entrust our children to them? :rolleyes:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Decided to use yellow bus instead. Save all the headaches........

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Er...the drivers ...are they reliable? Can we entrust our children to them? :rolleyes:

If you get them, best to get from someone you know or a neighbour/relative. Else, it will just be like taking MRT/bus as you are trusting your loved ones life to a stranger who more likely than not these days are also foreigners if you think about it. Folks who do this here currently are doing so as a family, as in the driver drives them in for the dad/mum to work and the child to study.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Decided to use yellow bus instead. Save all the headaches........

Agree, if only for kids, then yellow bus. If its for whole family to go in, cheaper with a driver.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Wah bro u got 3 cars is it?? Borrow me one la! Hehe

I guess it's 1 sg car and 2 my cars!?? How u think about proton axora??

All are MY cars, new Exora is good, don't get the old one as its underpowered. From a car expert who shared with me "There will be always folks who will say current Exora is good/power enough but then if its good enough, you don't need to come up with a turbo version so soon after its launched." The new version
though is really good value for money now.