• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How do I register a company in JB?

Javier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm thinking about buying a property in JB and would like to ask fellow bros for some advice.

1.) As I have not fulfilled the 5 year min occupancy period, I'll like to find out if it is possible to buy a house under a company name in the JB.

2.) Also how can I apply to drive a van with the number plate starting with 'G' into Malaysia?

3.) If forming a company could solve 1 and 2, anyone knows how it can be done?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm thinking about buying a property in JB and would like to ask fellow bros for some advice.

1.) As I have not fulfilled the 5 year min occupancy period, I'll like to find out if it is possible to buy a house under a company name in the JB.

2.) Also how can I apply to drive a van with the number plate starting with 'G' into Malaysia?

3.) If forming a company could solve 1 and 2, anyone knows how it can be done?

1. Yes you can but that company would likely need a local to be director as you are looking to buy. How far are you into the 5 year MOP? If not too far off, you can wait a bit.
2. There are restrictions but can be done, i have seen quite a few vans there as well recently. Need the Malaysian LTA to approva and issue you letter, need to apply for Malaysian road tax (not too expensive) and you will need to drive in the van lane while going in. Also need to declare anything as both sides customs will check on you.
3. Already provided information in 1-2.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

It will be too much of a hassle to apply to drive a "G" plate vehicle into Malaysia. I had inquired before. First, you'll need a letter from a Malaysian company to certify that this vehicle is required to traverse between the 2 countries for business purposes. With that letter you can then apply to get the JPJ (Malaysian's LTA) permit. You'll need to send your vehicle for inspection and pay its Malaysian road tax, although it's just a pittance. And this process is not automatic. You'll have to repeat everything again annually, ditto for the JPJ permit.

The greatest hurdle is the driver who will be driving the "G" plate vehicle in Malaysia must have the GDL license. This is their version of vocational license for commercial vehicles, in addition to the normal driving license. To apply for this, you'll need to sit for a multiple-choice theory test comprising 50 questions, all in the Malay language only. At least 45 questions must be answered correctly to obtain a pass. Thereafter, you'll still have to attend a 1-day practical orientation course.

Last edited:

Javier

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be too much of a hassle to apply to drive a "G" plate vehicle into Malaysia. I had inquired before. First, you'll need a letter from a Malaysian company to certify that this vehicle is required to traverse between the 2 countries for business purposes. With that letter you can then apply to get the JPJ (Malaysian's LTA) permit. You'll need to send your vehicle for inspection and pay its Malaysian road tax, although it's just a pittance. And this process is not automatic. You'll have to repeat everything again annually, ditto for the JPJ permit.

The greatest hurdle is the driver who will be driving the "G" plate vehicle in Malaysia must have the GDL license. This is their version of vocational license for commercial vehicles, in addition to the normal driving license. To apply for this, you'll need to sit for a multiple-choice theory test comprising 50 questions, all in the Malay language only. At least 45 questions must be answered correctly to obtain a pass. Thereafter, you'll still have to attend a 1-day practical orientation course.

Question: Will I need to take the exam if the van is an auto vehicle (a mini van) and looks very much like a car?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question: Will I need to take the exam if the van is an auto vehicle (a mini van) and looks very much like a car?

As long as it's a Singapore "G" or "Y" plate vehicle, you'll need the Malaysia's GDL license. If your mini van is a private registration plate (aka "SXX 1234X), it'll be considered as a private vehicle and won't require the GDL license. Auto or manual transmission is irrelevant for all vehicle type.