• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious problems with monier solar water heater installation

pes123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monier RoofTop Photo 1.jpgMonier shoddy solar system install  third sun exposure @ noon.jpgWe decided to use a solar water heater on our bungalow roof in the Hills. We selected MONIER who at the time seemed knowledgable and helpful.

However, the installation has been a nightmare! They installed the solar panel in the SHADE.. NO SUN! EVEN AT 12 NOON! NO SUN ON THE SOLAR PANELS!

We have been unsuccessful in getting them to fix it properly. We've been heating our water using the backup electrical heater in the solar tank... we cannot get hot water using solar energy because the solar pannels are shaded!

I've heard that a number of people at Horizon Hills have had the same problem with MONIER.... we are suing them to get it fixed.

Anyone else having these problems with MONIER want to join with us?View attachment 3893View attachment 3894

pes123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Want to add some detail to my previous post- Monier's sales manager was advised after the first installation that the unit was 100% shaded and that we had doubts about the competence and intelligence of his plumbers (they were drooling and also walked on their knuckles).

He promised to come by, climb up on our roof and supervise. He didn't... He claimed that he was too busy. Meanwhile his plumbers assured us that this second installation was in the sun... We climbed up on the roof and as you can see from the pictures, the panels are shaded!

In addition, they punched holes in our concrete roof that they didn't seal- naturally we had leaks! The outside hot water line that they hacked the side of our house to install at a cost of rm1000+ leaked- all the joints leaked. Again- water damage to our interior and we had to rehack the outside of our home again!

Meanwhile the sales manager took himself a nice vacation in Bangkok leaving us to try to rectify their mess. After 14 months we still have to heat our water by electricity.

Monier has been completely negligent in even trying to correct this botched installation. On top of that they lied to us about the installation, apparently thinking we wouldn't climb up on the roof to check! Wrong... Look at these photo's- what kind of idiot installs a solar hot water heater in the shade? And, then lies about it?

Anyone else out there having problems with Monier care to join our lawsuit?

View attachment 3895View attachment 3896We decided to use a solar water heater on our bungalow roof in the Hills. We selected MONIER who at the time seemed knowledgable and helpful.

However, the installation has been a nightmare! They installed the solar panel in the SHADE.. NO SUN! EVEN AT 12 NOON! NO SUN ON THE SOLAR PANELS!

We have been unsuccessful in getting them to fix it properly. We've been heating our water using the backup electrical heater in the solar tank... we cannot get hot water using solar energy because the solar pannels are shaded!

I've heard that a number of people at Horizon Hills have had the same problem with MONIER.... we are suing them to get it fixed.

Anyone else having these problems with MONIER want to join with us?View attachment 3893View attachment 3894

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an absolute nightmare!! Couldn't believe who on earth would have installed solar panels in a most obscure places!! The contractor deserves to put this right and compensate all damages done to the house. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have yet to move in to my new home @ EL, but thinking to do a solar water heater. This certainly gave me a second thought to it.

pes123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, we chose Monier and they use a subcontractor or distributor called WM Buildmart Trading.... we have been through a nightmare with those two parties...
This is an absolute nightmare!! Couldn't believe who on earth would have installed solar panels in a most obscure places!! The contractor deserves to put this right and compensate all damages done to the house. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have yet to move in to my new home @ EL, but thinking to do a solar water heater. This certainly gave me a second thought to it.