• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Movers from singapore to jb, recommendations ?

barslut

Hi fellow bros , as the title suggest I will be relocating to JB . Anybody has any good movers to recommend and maybe give me a rough idea how much moving a 5 Rm HDB worth of stuff will cost ? And maybe some info on the documentation I need to provide ? Would I need to pay taxes on my stuff ? Any help is much appreciated.

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask CHL Movers for a quote. Heard some bros here used them before.
http://www.chlhousemovers.com/home.html

Hi fellow bros , as the title suggest I will be relocating to JB . Anybody has any good movers to recommend and maybe give me a rough idea how much moving a 5 Rm HDB worth of stuff will cost ? And maybe some info on the documentation I need to provide ? Would I need to pay taxes on my stuff ? Any help is much appreciated.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro we r going to be in the same boat.... Hehehe
Got to ask u later how much they charge u!! U moving to which part of JB???

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey guys! i am moving there this mid may after the state consent has been given.

i am interested to know also. mine is a 4 room apartment only..

barslut

got a quote from a few guys . varies from 1200 to 1500 guys. All in with all the documentation done and taxes cum kopi money included

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
got a quote from a few guys . varies from 1200 to 1500 guys. All in with all the documentation done and taxes cum kopi money included

can we lobang their truck over as well?..

i am still thinking to get washing machine / fridge over or just get a brand new one there...

i got mine not for a year yet ..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
can we lobang their truck over as well?..

i am still thinking to get washing machine / fridge over or just get a brand new one there...

i got mine not for a year yet ..

You can get movers to move it in for you. A possible option would be to get them here instead as a typical new fridge will cost you about 800-900 RM for a pretty ok brand and an automatic washing machine for less than 600 RM.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can get movers to move it in for you. A possible option would be to get them here instead as a typical new fridge will cost you about 800-900 RM for a pretty ok brand and an automatic washing machine for less than 600 RM.

Hi Wuji,

the problem now is, i have my extended warranty with harvey norman for 5 years and it does not cover international warranty..

Therefore, if i move it over, the warranty all void.. if i keep them in SG, and rent them to the tenant, any fault the first $150 repair cost is covered by the tenant.. I can then engage the repairman to repair the stuffs and then claim $150 from the tenant.

that is what i feel, but i dont know if it is feasible.

i heard for electronic products, it is best to get it in SG, because it is cheaper..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuji,

the problem now is, i have my extended warranty with harvey norman for 5 years and it does not cover international warranty..

Therefore, if i move it over, the warranty all void.. if i keep them in SG, and rent them to the tenant, any fault the first $150 repair cost is covered by the tenant.. I can then engage the repairman to repair the stuffs and then claim $150 from the tenant.

that is what i feel, but i dont know if it is feasible.

i heard for electronic products, it is best to get it in SG, because it is cheaper..

Hi LGlab,

Extended warranty is a joke actually as i have tried to claim before and they make you jump through hoops and gives you very lousy options. Fridges don't fail easily but washing machine wise you might have to look at the brand, etc. Actually nowadays it is not only comparable but some are cheaper. The higher end tv and other hi end stuff its still cheaper in SG but quite a bit of household items are no longer more expensive. In fact for most of my household appliances, i bought them here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros who are moving fridges, PLEASE PLEASE remember to only turn them on 1-2 hours after you have moved them from their location or even new fridges. This is especially true if the fridge has been placed on its side during transport. Never ever turn it on immediately after you moved them. This may also be true for some aircon units as well.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me I will move everything from my 5 room flat and not even a thing or coin will be left behind!! I will get all the infor from here to get movers to move everything there!! If LGlab bro want lobang can inform me. But I will be moving only in around may once my 2nd appointment is done and get cash. Maybe he can't wait. Weather hot need cold drinks.... Haha

Btw I got 1 arowana fish dun think can brink along in a prawn bag! Need permit again!!!?

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me I will move everything from my 5 room flat and not even a thing or coin will be left behind!! I will get all the infor from here to get movers to move everything there!! If LGlab bro want lobang can inform me. But I will be moving only in around may once my 2nd appointment is done and get cash. Maybe he can't wait. Weather hot need cold drinks.... Haha

Btw I got 1 arowana fish dun think can brink along in a prawn bag! Need permit again!!!?

haha, bro, u want to spilt cost?.. i am moving probably in mid of may as well.
i am waiting my state consent ...

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, bro, u want to spilt cost?.. i am moving probably in mid of may as well.
i am waiting my state consent ...

That will depend where u moving to bro. Later my stuff goes to yr place , yr things goes to my place then how? Hehehe

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
That will depend where u moving to bro. Later my stuff goes to yr place , yr things goes to my place then how? Hehehe

ya hor..

we take it as a package from the mover want?

You can say, u have 2 places in SG, and u also bought 2 places in JB.

Therefore 1 place in SG to 1 place in JB x2 times.
they quote is normally quote 1 time only mah.. :biggrin:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya hor..

we take it as a package from the mover want?

You can say, u have 2 places in SG, and u also bought 2 places in JB.

Therefore 1 place in SG to 1 place in JB x2 times.
they quote is normally quote 1 time only mah.. :biggrin:

Wah bro dun like that la! Later I become target for kidnapping!
I haven't live there more than few days ppl already target me! :biggrin::eek:

Touch wood.......

Bro u stay where in sing?? I east side.
JB which side??

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah bro dun like that la! Later I become target for kidnapping!
I haven't live there more than few days ppl already target me! :biggrin::eek:

Touch wood.......

Bro u stay where in sing?? I east side.
JB which side??

I stayed at Bukit Panjang (North West)..

My JB house will be in Jalan Ambang - HH..

ElaineTan

Alfrescian
Loyal

hmmm.. You can try Singapore Movers
You can check out their rating from them.. but not sure if they deal with oversea moving..

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote from CHL............

Dear customer, the charges from singapore moving to jb : 10ft lorry-S$580, 14ft-S$780, 16ft-S$980,18ft $1280 20ft- S$1480 (included manpower door to door service ,normal packing) Relation Documents needed : 1 set Passport fotocopy & full address s.pore and m.sia. CHL Mover { Peter Lau +65-90629125 /013-7308194 or via email either http: //www.chlhousemovers.com