• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All You Retards: Quit Complaining about our Government

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
EVERY National Day, filled with pride and gratitude, I count the nation's blessings.

Ravaged by Sars five years ago, Singapore now continues to enjoy a robust remaking.

Our education system continues to be transformed. Our present institutes of technical education are the polytechnics of yesteryear, our present polytechnics, the universities of the past.
Given time, our current universities will surely achieve international Ivy League status.

A First World economy; a leader in financial and medical services, information technology and biomedical research; a sovereign wealth fund, with two entities among the top seven; rated first among 131 countries in 'public trust of politicians' and 'transparency of government policy making' by the World Economic Forum; with a vibrant arts scene and Formula One night racing next month... Singapore is sizzling.

A global leader in public housing and, arguably, public transport, it is a microcosm of racial and religious harmony.
Does this make us a great nation? I think not, at least not yet. We must improve customer service standards, as a recent study suggested. So too, our 29th spot among 140 nations in the Global Peace Index.
While many factors make a great nation, I suggest one to which we can all contribute - that we live and act by three values that describe the spirit of Singapore: integrity, service and excellence. These are also the core values of the Government.
By practising them as a nation, and not just as a government, we shall be more compassionate to the less fortunate and build a more equitable society.
My birthday wish for Singapore is to celebrate this indomitable Singapore spirit each day, embracing and living with integrity, service and excellence, forging ahead as one nation from good, to great.

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is why people says that PaPpy can only eat shit. they smell like shit and here they talk shit.

how much people's life have been ruin by ns? now much people beg on the streets? goverment can only talk with power yet no action the fastest thing they can do is to increase their salary. they are like maggots feeding into the people yet they only know how to throw their money oversea with investments which doesn't make money. they call themselves elite but their brain is senile and can't think better reason to convence the people but only stupid excuse which 3 year old child can do better.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is why people says that PaPpy can only eat shit. they smell like shit and here they talk shit.

how much people's life have been ruin by ns? now much people beg on the streets? goverment can only talk with power yet no action the fastest thing they can do is to increase their salary. they are like maggots feeding into the people yet they only know how to throw their money oversea with investments which doesn't make money. they call themselves elite but their brain is senile and can't think better reason to convence the people but only stupid excuse which 3 year old child can do better.

You are a retarded loser with a beggar mentality. You are suggesting we should raid our Treasury dry. Our overseas investment are long term investments. Where is your Singapore spirrit

Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hullo Mother of all Retards, this forum is for Friendly Coffee Shop Talk, refer all your retard posting of those scums to the political section...

Wins88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone is entitled to complain - afterall we ALL pay taxes - whether direct or indirect taxes!
We all have rights to voice our displeasure.
Anyway, it is in complaining and raising issues that we can make this Nation a better place to live - of course, do it properly.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Everyone is entitled to complain - afterall we ALL pay taxes - whether direct or indirect taxes!
We all have rights to voice our displeasure.

Hi there. Complaining is great. The only issue was that this political thread was started in the "Friendly coffee shop talk" section which was not appropriate for complaints. I want that section to be a haven of FRIENDLY banter.

I have since moved the thread here where everyone can complain to their heart's content. :wink:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
A person may confuse pride for the country for pride in PAP.

But that still does not justify calling people who disagree with him/her 'retards'

It seems like a vein amongst PAP supporters to label people who disagree with them as 'retards', 'quitters', whatever.

For the sake of intelligent conversation, perhaps they might desist.

Otherwise it is just morons conversing with retards.

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who gave you the authority to tell us what to think and say. There is freedom to express our views here. If you cannot take the heat, you are free to leave the forum. It is very clear more Singaporeans are growing disenchanted with the PAP and their governance. You are fighting a losing cause. The wind of change is blowing your way. Man is no God and neither are they immortal. Time will tell that change is inevitable. No government which espouses open immigration and ignoring simmering racial tension will get the mandate of the populace. For all I care, you and the PAP can go to hell.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who gave you the authority to tell us what to think and say. There is freedom to express our views here. If you cannot take the heat, you are free to leave the forum. It is very clear more Singaporeans are growing disenchanted with the PAP and their governance. You are fighting a losing cause. The wind of change is blowing your way. Man is no God and neither are they immortal. Time will tell that change is inevitable. No government which espouses open immigration and ignoring simmering racial tension will get the mandate of the populace. For all I care, you and the PAP can go to hell.

Traitors like you should be deported and replaced by Foreign Talents.:mad:

manlovesbeef

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...steady lah Singapore Patriot...I support your views...most of it anyway...

btw, i think we should still complain about the Gov...keep them on their toes....they wanna benchmark their salaries to the top earners, we should expect top performance and give them the pressure faced by those top earners...other than that, i am like you...i feel proud to be a Singaporean!!

but be prepared for sdp dogs to come and whack you....these are psycho talentless clowns who are led by a man who believes he is on a mission from God (duh...)....jokers like these, we should keep far far away from getting the reins of power...

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...steady lah Singapore Patriot...I support your views...most of it anyway...

btw, i think we should still complain about the Gov...keep them on their toes....they wanna benchmark their salaries to the top earners, we should expect top performance and give them the pressure faced by those top earners...other than that, i am like you...i feel proud to be a Singaporean!!

but be prepared for sdp dogs to come and whack you....these are psycho talentless clowns who are led by a man who believes he is on a mission from God (duh...)....jokers like these, we should keep far far away from getting the reins of power...

SDP dogs are lazy retards who are no better than beggars and prostitutes, always looking for freebies from the government or expecting to get handsomely paid just by opening their legs.

jetaime

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever policy SG have taken is for the good of SG .... that is their thinking, t, it is a fact. There is no 100% right in whatever policies the SG govt embark on. Why leh, because there are always people who dont think with their heads themselves, but just follow what other people are saying.

So far I have not seen a policy that really is a total sham .... ERP, investment in UBS, going to invest in China, all make sense to me ... even though they might lose money on investment. So what, if any of you can guarantee sure 100% make money and willing to put down in black and white in lawyers office, I willing to let you manage my spare cash.

1) I dont want to take half an hour to move 1 km. Even though it is still jam, I think CTE rates whould be raised even further. If you cant afford to pay, dont drive .... dont complain
- how can our ERP be wrong if every major cities in the world with traffic problem is trying to emulate .... the reason why they(other countries) didnt start earlier is they are worried about voters ... once we started, they got examples to tell their voters ...

2) Invest in UBS, Citigrp, long term they stay in SG with OHQ, others will too ... this means employment for SG and other benefits. So what if they lose 10s of % points now .... we talking long term benefit to SG as a whole and not just buy today, must make money tomorrow

3) Invest in China .... they had the foresight ... but PRC people are just too cunning for us, but then, we have to start learning to deal with them .... everybody else are now rushing to China ,..... SG govt had the foresight to go first and establish gd relationship. Alot of SG are doing well there ... of course got some which fail ....

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOu try telling these statment to MM LEE and all his henchman in the cabinet !

One set of Rule for Goverment
Another set for PESEANT

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YOu try telling these statment to MM LEE and all his henchman in the cabinet !

PESEANT

Siaow man, sure kenna sued if not arrested for blasphemy. There is only one god allowed in Spore & we're all waiting for him to move on.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever policy SG have taken is for the good of SG .... that is their thinking, t, it is a fact. There is no 100% right in whatever policies the SG govt embark on. Why leh, because there are always people who dont think with their heads themselves, but just follow what other people are saying.

So far I have not seen a policy that really is a total sham .... ERP, investment in UBS, going to invest in China, all make sense to me ... even though they might lose money on investment. So what, if any of you can guarantee sure 100% make money and willing to put down in black and white in lawyers office, I willing to let you manage my spare cash.

1) I dont want to take half an hour to move 1 km. Even though it is still jam, I think CTE rates whould be raised even further. If you cant afford to pay, dont drive .... dont complain
- how can our ERP be wrong if every major cities in the world with traffic problem is trying to emulate .... the reason why they(other countries) didnt start earlier is they are worried about voters ... once we started, they got examples to tell their voters ...

2) Invest in UBS, Citigrp, long term they stay in SG with OHQ, others will too ... this means employment for SG and other benefits. So what if they lose 10s of % points now .... we talking long term benefit to SG as a whole and not just buy today, must make money tomorrow

3) Invest in China .... they had the foresight ... but PRC people are just too cunning for us, but then, we have to start learning to deal with them .... everybody else are now rushing to China ,..... SG govt had the foresight to go first and establish gd relationship. Alot of SG are doing well there ... of course got some which fail ....
If goverment are not sure of the investment , then please do go in, It our money anyway.

Apportunity cost will be lost too. I have lost so much in the short time but i can make more given the sort of money and time in another investment. Yes , you lost money, but please be transparent how much you have lost in SUZHOU ! PLease do not tell us that recent investment is for long term, which is in 20 to 30 yrs time. Rather to blame the cunningness of PRC ppl , why not blame our scholar is not being trained to do business in the 1st place ? They are scholar anyway. In the end , who is accountable for it ? It the citizen of Singapore ! Whose head has roll ? No one came out and take the blame. They want to run the island using coporate style managment , but when taking accountability, no one is willing to take it !

Public transport can be even improve further if they really take pains to divest the monopoly and not thinking of making money from it own people, if they have the interest of it own people. Our public transport is bursting to the seams according to ground report, yet what do they do ? Increase the cost of transport further.Our trains system is not design to take in so many people.

Investing in those mega banks take more then just deep pockets. I don want to elobrate further. Even Warren BUFFET is steering clear from them ! It only Singapore govement who is in the rush to HELP them with singapore's tax payer money.

So who is to blame in the end, it the 66.6% who voted them in !

jetaime

Alfrescian
Loyal
If goverment are not sure of the investment , then please do go in, It our money anyway.

Apportunity cost will be lost too. I have lost so much in the short time but i can make more given the sort of money and time in another investment. Yes , you lost money, but please be transparent how much you have lost in SUZHOU ! PLease do not tell us that recent investment is for long term, which is in 20 to 30 yrs time. Rather to blame the cunningness of PRC ppl , why not blame our scholar is not being trained to do business in the 1st place ? They are scholar anyway. In the end , who is accountable for it ? It the citizen of Singapore ! Whose head has roll ? No one came out and take the blame. They want to run the island using coporate style managment , but when taking accountability, no one is willing to take it !

Public transport can be even improve further if they really take pains to divest the monopoly and not thinking of making money from it own people, if they have the interest of it own people. Our public transport is bursting to the seams according to ground report, yet what do they do ? Increase the cost of transport further.Our trains system is not design to take in so many people.

Investing in those mega banks take more then just deep pockets. I don want to elobrate further. Even Warren BUFFET is steering clear from them ! It only Singapore govement who is in the rush to HELP them with singapore's tax payer money.

So who is to blame in the end, it the 66.6% who voted them in !

I think you are missing the forest for the trees .... overall have the Govt lost money .... . In terms of investment, here the amount is not small, you cant like think one stock is good and buy from the market 20billion worth of it and expect the share price be the same when you buy, it will rocket to the roof. For investment in banks like this, to get huge stake must be offered. Anyway, as I have mention, it is not just the appreciation of the share price, it is the related benefits that will flow to citizens like employment etc ... Buffett of course wont touch it, he is only interest in P and L, you think he cares about U.S. citizens .... govt policy is not just about P and L, widen your view, think out of the box and dont have a tunnel vision. You rather have long term benefits to the country than making 10% ... and the country have no future.

Tell me, in investment, you want to invest in a company that is just a shell with $ earning fix rate or one that has plans, and use its $ for expansion.

Regarding the traffic problem ...

Divest .... huh, you wanna setup a transport company that will lose money because when you raise your fees, the people kpkb. Bcos of this the talks now is to combine comfortdelgro and smrt, so economies of scale again ...
of course, you can say they own it and they can absorb the cost ... but this will come from us again ... thru taxes, it is only natural

With more liberalisation of taxi companies, have you seen price going down or service better.

Our trains are not enuff, thats why they have more coming up ....
Our public transport bursting .... :confused: not from what I have seen ...
They cant possibly have more roads to cater to cars, so the squeeze is on the minority (car owners) through ERP and free more road space for faster travel on buses, through yellow/red lanes.
BTW , I drive and get hit with ERP everyday ... but I dont complain ....

What is the problem is, people can say this wrong that wrong .... but then what do you suggest .... the opposition simply do not have anything plans ...

And I for one am proud to say I will support PAP if I get the chance, though mine has been walkovers.

And I believe in single party dominance .... so all decisions are swift and decisive. No govt in the world will ever want to do anything that is detrimental to its own citizens ....

marbles

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are missing the forest for the trees .... overall have the Govt lost money .... . In terms of investment, here the amount is not small, you cant like think one stock is good and buy from the market 20billion worth of it and expect the share price be the same when you buy, it will rocket to the roof. For investment in banks like this, to get huge stake must be offered. Anyway, as I have mention, it is not just the appreciation of the share price, it is the related benefits that will flow to citizens like employment etc ... Buffett of course wont touch it, he is only interest in P and L, you think he cares about U.S. citizens .... govt policy is not just about P and L, widen your view, think out of the box and dont have a tunnel vision. You rather have long term benefits to the country than making 10% ... and the country have no future.

Tell me, in investment, you want to invest in a company that is just a shell with $ earning fix rate or one that has plans, and use its $ for expansion.

Regarding the traffic problem ...

Divest .... huh, you wanna setup a transport company that will lose money because when you raise your fees, the people kpkb. Bcos of this the talks now is to combine comfortdelgro and smrt, so economies of scale again ...
of course, you can say they own it and they can absorb the cost ... but this will come from us again ... thru taxes, it is only natural

With more liberalisation of taxi companies, have you seen price going down or service better.

Our trains are not enuff, thats why they have more coming up ....
Our public transport bursting .... :confused: not from what I have seen ...
They cant possibly have more roads to cater to cars, so the squeeze is on the minority (car owners) through ERP and free more road space for faster travel on buses, through yellow/red lanes.
BTW , I drive and get hit with ERP everyday ... but I dont complain ....

What is the problem is, people can say this wrong that wrong .... but then what do you suggest .... the opposition simply do not have anything plans ...

And I for one am proud to say I will support PAP if I get the chance, though mine has been walkovers.

And I believe in single party dominance .... so all decisions are swift and decisive. No govt in the world will ever want to do anything that is detrimental to its own citizens ....

you have got to be kidding me.Support the pap for more good years.It appears that you have failed to realized something important here,

DEMOCRACY IS FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE, don;t need me to tell you what it means.

But do you see pap taking care of the citizen???HELL NO!

Raising gst to help the poor?what kind of a logic is that?pray tell me,for i fail to see any logic,sense or practical reason other than to fatten their own pockets.

Transport companies are state owned,a monopoly and having a monopoly,you freaking make money no matter what.do you actually believe what the sate times say about the transportation here?

And supporting a one party state is akin to saying i support nepotism and cronyism.who is to say the one party will be kept in check?it is painfully obvious that the current gov is as such.with it political gerrymandering and other underhanded methods to deceive, mislead and rumor mongering shows that with the pap in power we will soon see the realization: NS FOR SINGAPOREANS, JOBS FOR FTs.