• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advertising / Spamming via Signature

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi

One of your regulars has a signature link to another forum covering the same subject. He has been participating actively but it would not be fair on Sam, you and others who have built up a substantial following on this forum to find that it eventually becomes commercial and the traffic crosses over to the other forum.

Do let him know. Ask him why he does not have a link at his forum to this forum. We had this before.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wuq

iOne of your regulars has a signature link to another forum covering the same subject. He has been participating actively but it would not be fair on Sam, you and others who have built up a substantial following on this forum to find that it eventually becomes commercial and the traffic crosses over. Do let him know. Ask him why he does have a link at his forum to this forum. We had this before.

I have done my part by flagging down such messages whenever they appear in other folders.

However Leongsam does not appear to take any action..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was actually surprised that questions asked at his forum is put in this forum and answers delivered to the other forum. I am sure it will be acted upon as I have seen a few with spam and advertising signatures suddenly go missing. "Financial Planner" Alex Lew who likes to use Leong Sze Hian's postings as an excuse to plug his business via his signature has had his posts removed. Seen others as well.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.iskandarliving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4

No advertising or spamming
by teck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 pm
The purpose of this is to ensure forum visitors get maximum information with minimal disruption so we need some rules on what's okay and what's not when it comes to commercial posting and advertising.

* No identical or near-identical copies of postings.
* Posts and reply threads should not include any photos of products.
* No off-topic links in the body of posts.
* Keep any and all signatures limited to one line or one icon, no blatant selling allowed.

Subtle, or more often than not, unsubtle repeated attempts to advertise here may result in banning from these forums.

Recommendations of a company you have had good or bad dealings with are fine and are not considered advertising if they are in reply to a query posed by our readers. Threads started with a posting of a recommendation and not in answer to any query will be looked at hard and most probably axed as there is usually no reason for doing so unless it's a disguised attempt at advertising.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not want to name this guy as I expected Wuqi send a general reminder. Instead I got lip from him via PM.

Look at his website and note the audacity of this guy. The first first folder and very first item has clear instructions about spamming and balant selling within the signture. These are very well crafted words. Notice that Sam is not mercenary in putting such warnings.

teck21
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • add.png
    Add as Contact
user-offline.png
Alfrescian My Reputation: 10
reputation_pos.png

<dl class="userstats"><dt>Join Date</dt> <dd>Nov 2011</dd><dt>Posts</dt> <dd>85</dd></dl><dl class="user_rep"><dt>Rep Power</dt><dd id="reppower_921296_30473">0</dd></dl>
[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Living in JB[/h]
Lol, just tried to PM you Wuqi, but since you are here (hopefully),maybe you can help me.

I got a question on the other forum I need some help with, and my Sammyboy forum post from yesterday dunno buried where already lol.

Can a foreigner set up a sole proprietorship or partnership (not a private limited) for small uncomplicated business without any kind of residency visa? ie social visit pass only.

I think the answer is cannot right? MM2H can right?

Thanks!

Very sorry to hear about your family issues, very thankful my family is generally supportive of one another.

Teck​

<!-- edit note -->
<!--
edit_40b.png
-->Last edited by teck21; 31-12-2011 at 02:33 AM.​
<!-- / edit note -->
http://www.iskandarliving.com/forum/index.php Appreciate the help of all brothers and sisters here in helping out with answers for people with questions there. Many thanks!

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rules are designed to keep out commercial posters.

You are making various assumptions that could not possibly be upheld.

You did not notice that I had in fact linked Sammyboy and Wuqi back as a recognition of it's status the the go-to place for information for information on this very topic.

You have a nice day as well.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have done my part by flagging down such messages whenever they appear in other folders.

However Leongsam does not appear to take any action..

Hundreds of wannabes have built up their own traffic using this website. Temasek review was the most blatant of all. I never got a word of thanks.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hundreds of wannabes have built up their own traffic using this website. Temasek review was the most blatant of all. I never got a word of thanks.

Believe it or not, this wannabe actually was going to thank you, but he was too caught up, umm crafting his words, so he inadvertently clicked on post before adding the words of thanks. So here goes, big thanks for what you put in to keep this forum going for the benefit of all its members and guests.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Believe it or not, this wannabe actually was going to thank you, but he was too caught up,

Your gratitude is appreciated but your motives are still unknown. There's plenty of traffic here. What can your site do that this site cannot cater for?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Do let him know. Ask him why he does not have a link at his forum to this forum. We had this before.

Link exchanges are beneficial only when both sites have equal amounts of traffic but from different sources.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
It could not cater to the categorization of queries and topics before you granted it a special folder status, which happens to have been when I created it.

Of course, it had already been created and paid for, so my options were to keep at it for a while more, or simply let it go.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It could not cater to the categorization of queries and topics before you granted it a special folder status, which happens to have been when I created it.

Of course, it had already been created and paid for, so my options were to keep at it for a while more, or simply let it go.

I wish you the very best in your endeavors. :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly you have absolutely appalling manners.

I wrote a simple message without revealing your identity. Instead of taking the cue, you wrote 2 PMs to me. After revealing your identity, then you start thanking people and start giving filmsly excuses. Wuqi is a nice guy and he painstakingly spent hours developing this over many moons.

If you felt that categories or folders would be appropriate, the decent thing to do is to make those suggestions. I checked. You did nothing of that sort. Your site is not a speciality site but a site covering the exact same topics.

You also have the audacity to solicit people here to your site but have framed the rules very professionally and forbidding others to do the same at your site. In colloqiual terms, we call it "chowka" or no class. What assumptions can a sane person make.

You just amended your sig to make it less blatant but still have the link. If you were wuqi or sam, won't you be upset?

The rules are designed to keep out commercial posters. You are making various assumptions that could not possibly be upheld.You did not notice that I had in fact linked Sammyboy and Wuqi back as a recognition of it's status the the go-to place for information for information on this very topic.You have a nice day as well.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Teck21, please just remove the signature from your postings.