• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Great Oz Rippoff: A$5000 per abalone!

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Couple of weeks ago, I spent altogether around A$70 in getting the right gear for abalone harvesting season.

I had a wet suit, snorkel and booties from my scuba diving days, which meant I could go deep. Too bad, no BCD or tanks allowed.

First week, went to Trigg beach. OMG, a whole ocean full of black hair!!! Singaporeans, Malaysians, Vietnamese, Thai, Hongkie, Taiwanese, Chinamen.

Time to jump in and help yourself was 7am, for 1 HOUR ONLY. Grumbled about all the kiasu's and kiasi's "chope'ing" their favourite spots and greedily digging away for abalone.

So I had to walk further out from the reef. Walked about 100m out of the reef and suddenly, PLOP!! I fell into a gaping hole filled with seaweed, swallowing a huge gulp of salt water.

The momentary thought that I might have disturbed a moray eel's slumber made my heart skip a beat.

Cursed under my breath in the most colourful hokkien I could recall as I propped myself up again. Suddenly realized that I was all alone, everyone else must have been at least 10m away. Along came my friend, who was a veteran to the reef, and helped pull me out. He then half-jokingly said, "Eh, maybe you got beginners luck, let me go in a korek abit see how, OK?"

So in he jumped, with a deep breath, and sufaced half a minute later all bubbling with excitement.

"WAH WU SIBEH TUA MAO EH AH!!!!"

I then jumped in again, this time with snorkel and mask ready, and he gave me a quick underwater education on what was abalone and what was rock.

Filled our bags with the maximum allowed pieces of 20 each, within 20 minutes, we were similing from end to end as each of our harvest was at least 2cm longer than the minimum allowed size. As we trudged back to our cars with our loot, a Vietnamese guy came up to us and said:

"G'day sir, WA Fisheries Inspector (or something like that beneath his Viet-aussie accent), may I inspect your bag and see your license please?" as he flashed his card.

Worried, we emptied our loot as he counted it. I passed him my license that I had bought a few days earlier at the Post Office for A$41.

"Are you aware, Sir, of the penalties for numbers exceeding the license and undersized catches?" He said.

"How much then?", I asked. "A$5000 for each." He said sternly.

"But I see you have done pretty well today, nicely done sirs, and enjoy your day." He walked off without saying another word.

So off I went happily with my loot, all 20 pieces of abalone, satisfied in my mind that I would easily recover my A$70 "Investment" + "Overheads" within the next 2 weeks.

And indeed I have. I'm getting sick of eating abalone :wink:. Having abalone again tonight. This time, its porridge....

For those of you expecting the SHOCKSHIT version, please do not be disappointed because here it is:

shockshit said:
OVERPRICED RACIST AUSTRALIA charges $5000 for every abalone caught. Can you believe this? Must be the only country in the world greedy enough to extort this sum!!

All government officials, who incidentally are WHITE SUPREMACISTS will pick on non-whites to find the slightest fault with your catch but will let whites off with a slap on the wrist. Only in Australia are there such RAMPANT RACIST practices!!!!

Not to mention that thousands of tourist are being killed every year by the land of the RACIST White Trash, now they have to resort to OVERPRICING everything!!

Australia is the worst country in the world, with the WORLDS HIGHEST TAXES, a failing economy, overpriced housing and overrunning inflation and falling currency, only losers will want to live there and pay $5000 for an abalone!!!

oh, btw, i'm living in sg for now, but dreaming of migrating to the US, the land of the free. but besides bitching about Oz in cyberspace using anonymous nicks, i have no skills and no money to apply for a green card. maybe some long lost relative will be so kind as to sponsor me...someday

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Excuse this loser cockroach shockshit mate. He's got his Oz PR rejected so he is so tulan to know the fact that he could not go anywhere but has to stay and die in Sinkeeland like the born loser he is. Guess he is not as fortunate as you or me to stay in this beautiful country. What to do? Oz is not for losers. Its for winners like us. Very soon , he's going to end up in a mental instituion. :cool:

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple of weeks ago, I spent altogether around A$70 in getting the right gear for abalone harvesting season.

I had a wet suit, snorkel and booties from my scuba diving days, which meant I could go deep. Too bad, no BCD or tanks allowed.

First week, went to Trigg beach. OMG, a whole ocean full of black hair!!! Singaporeans, Malaysians, Vietnamese, Thai, Hongkie, Taiwanese, Chinamen.

Time to jump in and help yourself was 7am, for 1 HOUR ONLY. Grumbled about all the kiasu's and kiasi's "chope'ing" their favourite spots and greedily digging away for abalone.

So I had to walk further out from the reef. Walked about 100m out of the reef and suddenly, PLOP!! I fell into a gaping hole filled with seaweed, swallowing a huge gulp of salt water.

The momentary thought that I might have disturbed a moray eel's slumber made my heart skip a beat.

Cursed under my breath in the most colourful hokkien I could recall as I propped myself up again. Suddenly realized that I was all alone, everyone else must have been at least 10m away. Along came my friend, who was a veteran to the reef, and helped pull me out. He then half-jokingly said, "Eh, maybe you got beginners luck, let me go in a korek abit see how, OK?"

So in he jumped, with a deep breath, and sufaced half a minute later all bubbling with excitement.

"WAH WU SIBEH TUA MAO EH AH!!!!"

I then jumped in again, this time with snorkel and mask ready, and he gave me a quick underwater education on what was abalone and what was rock.

Filled our bags with the maximum allowed pieces of 20 each, within 20 minutes, we were similing from end to end as each of our harvest was at least 2cm longer than the minimum allowed size. As we trudged back to our cars with our loot, a Vietnamese guy came up to us and said:

"G'day sir, WA Fisheries Inspector (or something like that beneath his Viet-aussie accent), may I inspect your bag and see your license please?" as he flashed his card.

Worried, we emptied our loot as he counted it. I passed him my license that I had bought a few days earlier at the Post Office for A$41.

"Are you aware, Sir, of the penalties for numbers exceeding the license and undersized catches?" He said.

"But I see you have done pretty well today, nicely done sirs, and enjoy your day." He walked off without saying another word.

So off I went happily with my loot, all 20 pieces of abalone, satisfied in my mind that I would easily recover my A$70 "Investment" + "Overheads" within the next 2 weeks.

And indeed I have. I'm getting sick of eating abalone :wink:. Having abalone again tonight. This time, its porridge....

For those of you expecting the SHOCKSHIT version, please do not be disappointed because here it is:

aaaaawwwww. the attention is so flattering.

if you are too poor to buy this tasteless shellfish in a store or restaurant, that is your problem

you subprime singaporeans sure make yourselves look bad

hee hee hee

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
shockshit said:
OVERPRICED RACIST AUSTRALIA charges $5000 for every abalone caught. Can you believe this? Must be the only country in the world greedy enough to extort this sum!!

QXD said:

Good work, QXD. Thanks for the clarifications :biggrin:

Rafael Vandervaart

Alfrescian
Loyal
You also... come to yishun ave 5... if ur another person..
hahah...anywei why are u in this forum if u detest migration to australia?are u some kinda preacher or somethink.trying to save lost souls??if ppl like me kena conned in aussie what isit to u?do we go to u to seek help?
so ur the goondu.
WAKE UP .
cant believe it..
hahaha

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE=Rafael Vandervaart;335893][/QUOTE]

Just a word of advice to you. If you wish to get any useful information on migration in this forum, there are quite a number of bros who are willing to help but you must also ensure that you play your cards correctly. This useless cockroach Aussie Prick and his humteen other nicks (you'll know which ones they are moving forward) are not here to offer anything constructive at all. Responding to them or insulting them are just what they are looking for, a response from you and they will destort the post and turn it into garbage. Most of the people including myself know them just too well and just don't bother to read nor respond to any of their postings. Just ignore them and don't bother to respond and they'll eventually get bored and go somewhere else.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone heading for Trigg Beach this Sunday morning?

Does the fishery dept still give out free abalone guage? Otherwise, I may need to get a mako combination gauge.

Any advice on abalone fishing?

Have to get ready for the cold water. :wink: