• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good agents or bad agents, share here

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are good and bad eggs in any basket. Do share the good as well as any that are bad. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Very limited but i will say most are in bad shape and some may present difficulties in getting tenants etc at satisfactory rental yield. I would recommend going with your own hired help like an independant valuer or valuation firm to have a look onsite and also check on its past history.

Banks like Public Bank typically have these foreclosure types. Some are pretty good value too but if you are a foreigner, you are still subject to the 500k rule even if these are auction houses.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not if we publish their real names and company here. Some folks use fake Christian/English names so it pays to know their full names sometimes.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I start first with my agent.

His name is Kelvin Chee from OAP..
He is rather pushy on things, and keep asking us to Pay and Pay!

Owner only accept 1% but he ask me to pay 2%.. that happened for teck21 as well.

In the end, owner accept 1% and the other 1% is kept by the agent. (He returned to the lawyer but i said you keep it first)..
It is because he told me that i got to pay his 1% agent fee during signing of the S&P.

The lawyer clarified that it is not true. We usually pay the 1% agent fee only after state approval..
No point paying the agent if the property is not going to be accepted.

So, these are the little stuffs i have with my agent..

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't he the round plump guy? "发福" from too much commissions?
Saw alot of his adverts, mostly high end stuff he is marketing.

Ok, I start first with my agent.

His name is Kelvin Chee from OAP..
He is rather pushy on things, and keep asking us to Pay and Pay!

Owner only accept 1% but he ask me to pay 2%.. that happened for teck21 as well.

In the end, owner accept 1% and the other 1% is kept by the agent. (He returned to the lawyer but i said you keep it first)..
It is because he told me that i got to pay his 1% agent fee during signing of the S&P.

The lawyer clarified that it is not true. We usually pay the 1% agent fee only after state approval..
No point paying the agent if the property is not going to be accepted.

So, these are the little stuffs i have with my agent..

jacklim

Living in JB - Corner Terrace for Rent or Sale at Horizon Hills

Hi Tenant or Buyer, I have a New corner terrace in Horizon Hills. I have collected keys. I did renovations & furnished the place. My unit faces an open field & its unblocked. It has a side garden & can park 2 cars. Its very bright & windy. The land is approx 2200sqft & built-in is approx 2800sqft. It has 4+1 rms & 3 bedrooms upstairs have attached baths. The layout is very good & the interior is spacious. It has 3 layers of security protections. Its very safe. It comes with a golf course, club house with olympic size pool, sauna, coffee house, etc. It 's near to Bukit Indah Jasco Mall & neighbour coffee shop & shops. It only takes 15-20 mins reach from Tuas & only 20 mins from Causeway with newly opened highway. It's very conveninet. The Malaysia Gov't is going to annouce the implementation of LRT in the zone under the Iskander development. Lego Land is also ready by end of the year. I would like to lease it for RM$4k or to sell it for RM$780k. Any interested party, kindly contact Mr Lim at +65 9788 9899

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB - Corner Terrace for Rent or Sale at Horizon Hills

Hi Tenant or Buyer, I have a New corner terrace in Horizon Hills. I have collected keys. I did renovations & furnished the place. My unit faces an open field & its unblocked. It has a side garden & can park 2 cars. Its very bright & windy. The land is approx 2200sqft & built-in is approx 2800sqft. It has 4+1 rms & 3 bedrooms upstairs have attached baths. The layout is very good & the interior is spacious. It has 3 layers of security protections. Its very safe. It comes with a golf course, club house with olympic size pool, sauna, coffee house, etc. It 's near to Bukit Indah Jasco Mall & neighbour coffee shop & shops. It only takes 15-20 mins reach from Tuas & only 20 mins from Causeway with newly opened highway. It's very conveninet. The Malaysia Gov't is going to annouce the implementation of LRT in the zone under the Iskander development. Lego Land is also ready by end of the year. I would like to lease it for RM$4k or to sell it for RM$780k. Any interested party, kindly contact Mr Lim at +65 9788 9899

Bro can pm pics?

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, not profesional at all. Made appointment to meet him at 1. 1/3 hour later he said his friend, name start with J coming to meet us. 45 mins later he arrive without even an apology. Bad manners some more. Made appointment to see more houses with J the week after, late for 1 hour, still no apology. Didn't their parents teach them any manners at all? Or is it only for family members? Sorry ranting a bit. Anyway, he is so bad. Can't answer a lot of our question and expect us to buy a house still under reno without talking about the reno work in detail. I'm surprise a lot of house owner trust him to sell their property. He sucks big time.

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.:smile: I deal with other agents as well but not as bad as this one. Another agent(Ben) from Tophill is not that bad, but he just ignore us when we try to make another apointment to see other properties he's got. 3 months later he email us asking if we want to see other houses and when we told him we bought at East Ledang, he perk up and decided we are best friend asking how much we bought it for. I just delete his email. Seriously, to any other future buyer, if you have a house in Singapore already, buy from developer directly, less headache. I rather wait for the house to complete than dealing with non professional agents.

Name starting with J? Just wondering, is it JY? :smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah..Ben from tophill. Same here. Agree with you.

This guy drove very fast and seemed to be in a hurry... I engaged him once, bought my cheque book along.. But he was too hurry to sell me anything... No sales talks, no explanation.. I am wondering why he is doing so well..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.:smile: I deal with other agents as well but not as bad as this one. Another agent(Ben) from Tophill is not that bad, but he just ignore us when we try to make another apointment to see other properties he's got. 3 months later he email us asking if we want to see other houses and when we told him we bought at East Ledang, he perk up and decided we are best friend asking how much we bought it for. I just delete his email. Seriously, to any other future buyer, if you have a house in Singapore already, buy from developer directly, less headache. I rather wait for the house to complete than dealing with non professional agents.

True. But the tot of travelling up and down fm Sillypore to JB house, doing reno, ensuring water and elect stuff in order...quite a hassle. Buying a resale unit would cut down alot of initial travelling (at least for my case,) though may pay extra for certain fees. Can chose a unit of our choice. Just move in. But of course must get a reliable agent!

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. But the tot of travelling up and down fm Sillypore to JB house, doing reno, ensuring water and elect stuff in order...quite a hassle. Buying a resale unit would cut down alot of initial travelling (at least for my case,) though may pay extra for certain fees. Can chose a unit of our choice. Just move in. But of course must get a reliable agent!

Actually, buying resale is more work in my opinion. You have to see lots of houses and it's so hard to find a house that you like with all the feature that you like. It's either you have to make do, don't make any improvements and live with it. We look for 4 months before finally deciding to buy direct from developer. And...there's the price factor as well. You still have to pay agent fee, lawyers fee and what not. we bought from UEM and they absorb legal and stamp duty and usually the price the seller quote is above real value/market value. According to RHB officer we spoke to, they only give the loan according to the real value. Problem is, we don't find any property that fills all our requirement despite us listing what we want to the agent. Maybe we engage very bad agent but not all lucky to find good one. How do you look for good one? SO, you went through all the motion of calling various agents and that takes time as well.

I rather went up and down to our new house and renovate it to our liking. Connecting water and electricity to my house? It needs to be done so no issue. Anyway, it up to you I suppose. Just something prospective buyers might want to think about. We learn the hard way, we really like EL but my DH doesn't want to wait a year for it be ready. So, if anybody found a good agent please share. Those 3 person that I mentioned, is not professional in their dealing with us. That's all. To each their own.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sense a lot of opportunities for Singaporean residing in JB to enter the real estate agency industry.

The poor quality of JB agents => opportunities for Sinkies agents

Think of it. In Singapore, if one property is up for sale or rent, you will have 50 to 100 agents running after the owner. Hence you do get one or two decent agents occasionally. In East Ledang, i bet there are less than 10 agents going after any property... most of them still under the illusion owners can't sell property without them.

If Sophia can link us up with her "expat clients" then there is some value there. Otherwise i say put an ad on iproperty and sell the property yourself.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lily Lo from tophills, she go the extra mile to show me the directions from causeway etc. my family were quite pleased and impression changed immediately.

at first we were quite skeptical to meet the agents there.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. She is good and she gives personal touch.

Lily Lo from tophills, she go the extra mile to show me the directions from causeway etc. my family were quite pleased and impression changed immediately.

at first we were quite skeptical to meet the agents there.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad:-

Jeff Yap - Not responsive. Saying no house keys or only can meet up daily after 4.
Went up to HH to meet him at 4.30 pm but he didn't show up and didn't even pick up my call.
Very bad services. A lot of listings but not sure genuine because end up viewed none.

Elsie Yong - asked for 2% commission , and push buyer to counter offer saying another 2 buyers offer higher.
After 5 days saw the same property being advertised again.
Stella Lo - Advertised a house for sale at $580k but call up saying seller wanted to sell at $650k. Saying can still view but she 's saying not free that week and end up didn't bother to follow up the following week.

Good:-

Lily Lo - Showed us around the entire area with explanations and future developments.
Issac Tan - Will try nego for buyer and do research for the current bank value of the house .
Few agents selling same property, but his pricing more realistic.. Eg : Agent A: 680 Agent B: 650 Issac: 620
Patrick- Not sure of the sir name. He do follow up with customers .

Overall JB agent impressions:-
Not very responsive and follow up closely if have customers queries.
Not sufficient information on the property for sale .
After one / 2 viewing, will try to push the units viewed. Not keen to bring client to view more properties.