• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Invasion By Two-Wheelers - Joggers and Walkers Left In A Lurch!!!

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dear friends, walk on any foot-path in your neighbourhood and you will be greeted by the sound of two-wheelers being ridden over the metal-casings or through their incessant ringing of the bell or worst still, shouts of "oi oi" right behind you.
I am certain many of you have gone through this nasty and unbearable experience and can vouch with what I have to say.
This sort of reckless, dangerous and careless behaviour has become so rampant that those on the two-wheelers feel that they have the right to that foot-path too.
Lest it be forgotten, there are frail old people, little children, expectant mothers and others using this walk-ways. What happen if one day this two-wheelers run down someone in the category mentioned above and extinguished his / her life. Many questions will arise - insurance, liability, etc....
The walk-ways are there for the convenience of walkers and for them to exercise. However, that was the case many many years ago until the "invasion" started. Now the invaders have slowly penetrated deeper and have over-run our quiet and serene neighbourhoods and heartlands. Horrible murders have also been taking place...........
Back to subject proper. Try walking on one walkway in the morning, midday and evenings and you will be greeted by scores of FTs (some are labourers in nearby factories). Some of these riders are so fast and furious that they clearly display an eagerness to reach home in time. They don't give a damn to those using it legally.
We gave them an inch, they ask for a yard and much more. Where will all this lead to......
Maybe like the HK Pinay asking for PR status.....

The Singapore Police may also be interested to know as to where and from whom these people purchased these two-wheelers?
Ask for documentary proof, failing which charge in Court for "Fraudulent Possession of Goods" under the Penal Code.
Lately there was an article in the Straits Times that someone was charged in Court for selling a few hundred two-wheelers to a bicycle shop. Was the "receiver" of these stolen property charged for DRSP (dishonestly receiving stolen properties), a serious charge under the Penal Code too.
I suggest the following to be put into place as soon as possible, before the situation worsens.
The Ministry of Home Affairs, now led by a brilliant and hard-working Minister should direct the SPF / LTA (ROV) to immediately fall back on the practice of those good ol days, when two-wheelers were registered with the ROV, and;
a) All owners of bicycles to be in possession of valid receipts or purchase.
b) Order the immediate registratiion of all bicycles (both new and old)
c) Make the registration come with a price.
d) Make insurance obligatory for owners of bicycles as a rule for the protection of other road-users.
e) Policemen on foot and other form of patrols to "summon: bicycle owners who travel without light, carry pillion, do not have m&d-guards, bells and proper brakes.
From my talk with some foreigners, I have come to learn that 2nd bicycles are easily available in our country. The first thing these people arriving from China, India and Bangladesh do is to "buy" a bicycle from another foreigner. Imagine the number of bicycles ridden by people from this countries on our walk-ways. Someone must be very rich. I wonder where the bicycles (forcefully removed by HDB at void-decks) end up!!!!!
A little nostalgic trip to those good ol" days, when I owned my old Hercules bicycle (registered with ROV, Middle Road as No: MCS 79452, with a payment of $5/- which was a big sum then.
I do not want to earn the wrath of existing owners of bicycles. This is meant for the good of everyone and a mean to stop the foreigners who are a nuisance on our roads.