• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What has Chiam See Tong Achieved?

A

Alu862

What has Chiam See Tong Achieved? He made SDP a credible force by having 3/4 SDP MPs in Parliament. But when he was kicked out and started the SPP/SDA, he's all alone.

chongb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam give us hope by his never die altitude when faced with 80 PAP members in parliament, PAP MPs who are fairly hostile in the house. He never give up Potong Pasir and the trust given by the residents there. He continues his role as a opposition member of parliament, probing and raising questions for ministers to answer and providing a check and balance system in parliament in a limited way.

I saluate Mr Chiam and also the residents of potong pasir ( and also hougang )for giving us the light that one day opposition members will be voted into parliament in large numbers where other residents are chicken out and are contented with upgrading of their flats.

I wish Mr Chiam could retire from active politices and spent the rest of his life with his wife and live a quiet life but I am sure his is silly enough to stay on, it is a heavy responsibility to soldier on for the Potong pasir residents who support him through thick and thin. It is a hard decision and I wish that a younger and capable chap takes over his consituent, pls, not a PAP hopeful at least and soon.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the very rare politicians I really admire. For his never-say-die attitude. His willingness to help the people. With his strength alone, He did his best for the residents of Potong Pasir. The money part is lacking but his spirit is commendable.

Respect is something which he really achieved.

jw5

Loyal
chongb
I agree with you.
Chiam has not said or done anything really radical or earth shattering in his political career to change the landscape of politics in Singapore, but his very presence, determination and persistence would be remembered and cherished by everyone who is in favour of democracy and fair governance.
It's a pity that nobody really followed his lead and brought opposition politics to greater heights.

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
he's one of those credible man who are not lured by the lust of monetary gains to join the dark side.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has Chiam See Tong Achieved? He made SDP a credible force by having 3/4 SDP MPs in Parliament. But when he was kicked out and started the SPP/SDA, he's all alone.

He has only himself to blame, for recruiting the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

Wins88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam is respected as a opposition MP with a never say die attitude. With regards to - What has he achieved? Answer is - NOTHING.