• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another suicide attempt at Bedok Reservoir. Young Man in 20s.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another suicide attempt at Bedok Reservoir
Lianhe Wanbao - 6 hrs 11 mins ago
Another man tried to commit suicide at Bedok Reservoir yesterday afternoon.
This comes after four deaths at the reservoir in the last four months.
At about 4.30pm yesterday, a man in his 20s was spotted walking into the waters of the reservoir.
The man had been waist-deep in the water when a passerby hurriedly pulled the man back to shore. The passerby also informed the police and the Public Utilities Board on the attempted suicide.
The police arrived soon after and handcuffed the man before bringing him back to the station.
Two days ago, a chicken rice seller came forward to organise a ritual to appease the spirits at the reservoir. The ritual, consisting of chanting scriptures, burning joss paper and setting up offerings, is scheduled for 22 October.
Separately, another woman intends to hold a mass prayer session at the reservoir with the same intention.
Ms Huang Qiong Yao (50, artiste agent/consultant) is concerned about the recent deaths at the reservoir and has contacted the Joo Chiat Kwan Im Temple to hold the prayer session.
She said, "I hope to attract 10,000 people to come together in prayer at the reservoir. I'm not trying to encourage people to be superstitious, but I hope people will come regardless of race and religion to help bring peace to the spirits at the reservoir."
Ms Huang has budgeted $20,000 for this mass prayer event, scheduled for the end of this month. She is preparing to distribute 10,000 copies of sutras to get the public to chant at the reservoir.
Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 15 October 2011.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>Ms Huang has budgeted $20,000 for this mass prayer event, scheduled for the end of this month. She is preparing to distribute 10,000 copies of sutras to get the public to chant at the reservoir.>

They have to exorcise the 'whities' who for many years occupied that part of SINgapore, that is the cause of the people's misiries that drives them to suicides. :p

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Samaritans Of Singapore (SOS) should set up a permanent station with a lookout tower and a life guard to monitor Bedok Reservoir as it is increasingly a popular choice for suicidal people to end their lives there.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms Huang has budgeted $20,000 for this mass prayer event, scheduled for the end of this month.

The money will be gone to waste if another suicide case is reported again at Bedok Reservoir in the coming future...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So disheartening to read such news. :( It's happening too frequently. Jump HDB, jump MRT, jump overhead bridges and jump reservoir. What's wrong with Singapore?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
how many lived to tell their tales? tragic :(:(:(

Shouldn't ST do a feature to find out what are the reasons behind all these recent suicides or are they afraid of what they will find?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a coward, if he really want to commit suicide he would have done it,,do at 4.30pm sure people will see right? Attention grabber

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is a coward, if he really want to commit suicide he would have done it,,do at 4.30pm sure people will see right? Attention grabber

that morning be4 he decided to die, maybe he go geylang piak prc mei mei first. piak a few rounds already gam wan already then go die loh

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I fully agree. Knn, he expected to be saved after all. If he really want to die, he wouldn't be alive. I know coz 2 persons I know committed suicide and they were very successful.They did it when no one was around to stop them.:mad:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glad you all agree, I am no Clinton666. To me, those who commit suicide are brave as it takes alot to kill oneself,,but assholes like these who are attention seekers they insult those who were brave enough to do it...real assholes and scum...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Shouldn't ST do a feature to find out what are the reasons behind all these recent suicides or are they afraid of what they will find?

me suspect the StatesTimes are afraid of more copycat suicide incidents.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pathetic loser. Can't even kill himself. Nobody can commit suicide better than clinton666 :mad:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She said, "I hope to attract 10,000 people to come together in prayer at the reservoir. I'm not trying to encourage people to be superstitious, but I hope people will come regardless of race and religion to help bring peace to the spirits at the reservoir."

like that still not promoting ppl to be supersitious ...then i dont know what is .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Glad you all agree, I am no Clinton666. To me, those who commit suicide are brave as it takes alot to kill oneself,,but assholes like these who are attention seekers they insult those who were brave enough to do it...real assholes and scum...

those who commit suicide is not a hero ...only a cowards are afraid of facing problems .