• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OMG..! Yet another suicide attempt at Bedok res'voir on Friday (14 Oct)

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another suicide attempt at Bedok Reservoir
Lianhe Wanbao - 6 hrs 11 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

Another man tried to commit suicide at Bedok Reservoir yesterday afternoon.

This comes after four deaths at the reservoir in the last four months.

At about 4.30pm yesterday, a man in his 20s was spotted walking into the waters of the reservoir.

The man had been waist-deep in the water when a passerby hurriedly pulled the man back to shore. The passerby also informed the police and the Public Utilities Board on the attempted suicide.

The police arrived soon after and handcuffed the man before bringing him back to the station.

Two days ago, a chicken rice seller came forward to organise a ritual to appease the spirits at the reservoir. The ritual, consisting of chanting scriptures, burning joss paper and setting up offerings, is scheduled for 22 October.

Separately, another woman intends to hold a mass prayer session at the reservoir with the same intention.

Ms Huang Qiong Yao (50, artiste agent/consultant) is concerned about the recent deaths at the reservoir and has contacted the Joo Chiat Kwan Im Temple to hold the prayer session.

She said, "I hope to attract 10,000 people to come together in prayer at the reservoir. I'm not trying to encourage people to be superstitious, but I hope people will come regardless of race and religion to help bring peace to the spirits at the reservoir."

Ms Huang has budgeted $20,000 for this mass prayer event, scheduled for the end of this month. She is preparing to distribute 10,000 copies of sutras to get the public to chant at the reservoir.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 15 October 2011.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many condos and ECs being built around or near the reservoir - with reservoir view, waterfront view, water view etc. Wonder whether such events would affect the demand for housing there. How come Pandan Reservoir in Jurong is not as popular?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Let's see, if these 2 rituals works? If it does not.

I will planned a trip there and fuck the spirits upside down. Any body wants to join me?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two days ago, a chicken rice seller came forward to organise a ritual to appease the spirits at the reservoir. The ritual, consisting of chanting scriptures, burning joss paper and setting up offerings, is scheduled for 22 October.

Separately, another woman intends to hold a mass prayer session at the reservoir with the same intention.

Ms Huang Qiong Yao (50, artiste agent/consultant) is concerned about the recent deaths at the reservoir and has contacted the Joo Chiat Kwan Im Temple to hold the prayer session.

She said, "I hope to attract 10,000 people to come together in prayer at the reservoir. I'm not trying to encourage people to be superstitious, but I hope people will come regardless of race and religion to help bring peace to the spirits at the reservoir."

Ms Huang has budgeted $20,000 for this mass prayer event, scheduled for the end of this month. She is preparing to distribute 10,000 copies of sutras to get the public to chant at the reservoir.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 15 October 2011.

Religious nutcases again. The money should be better spent helping those alive and in need to help prevent more suicides. Have they checked that all the deads were Buddhists? No other religions or freethinkers? The second one is even worse, distributing sutras. That's apparant and blatant take advantage of the opportunity to preach Buddhism. The police should disallow them the permits as they did to SDP political propaganda public events.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the chicken rice seller got sacrifice a chicken, slits its throat to appease the spirits?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe drown chicken in reservoir 落汤鸡 LOL

Give the water ghosts some chicken to makan

Otherwise become hungry ghosts even worse
I was think of that too, like "just throw the chicken to the river and watch it drown lah", but I not chek ak as you, I believe in karma. So be careful next time when you swims, LOL

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was think of that too, like "just throw the chicken to the river and watch it drown lah", but I not chek ak as you, I believe in karma. So be careful next time when you swims, LOL

I got good solution. Use duck. Duck can swim. Then let the ghosts decide what to do LOL

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many condos and ECs being built around or near the reservoir - with reservoir view, waterfront view, water view etc. Wonder whether such events would affect the demand for housing there. How come Pandan Reservoir in Jurong is not as popular?

I was concerned for those pseudo-condominium and flat dwellers too. They did nothing to deserve this as well.

The reason for its unpopularity I think, is probably because it's too far. The people on the West Side also seem stronger and more resiilent towards the challenges of life.