• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai girl who lost her legs at MRT in Singapore will SUE SMRT !

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nong Than to sue S'pore
Published: 15/10/2011 at 07:34 PM
Online news:

SINGAPORE : Nitcharee Peneakchanasak, the 15-year-old school girl who lost her legs in a Singapore train accident, said on Saturday she intends to sue for S$4 million in compensation.

A Yahoo! News report from Singapore quoted the teenager as saying she has had legal advice during a visit to the city late last week with her father and sister.

The lawsuit against train operator SMRT could come within weeks, but negotiations are under way to seek an out-of-court settlement, according to Ms Nitcharee's lawyers.

Four million Singapore dollars is the equivalent of 97.2 million baht, or US$3.16 million.

The SMRT decided last month that it would pay no compensation to the Thai student, on the basis that the accident that cut off her legs was her own fault.

She and her family said she was pushed onto the tracks in front of an oncoming commuter train, and said there were not enough barricades to protect waiting passengers.

The report said the peppy teen was walking "normally" on prosthetic legs.

Earlier media reports said Nitcharee's family was suing SMRT for $3.4 million, which would cover the cost of her medical bills plus the prosthetic limbs she will need for the rest of her life. The family rejected SMRT's token offer of S$5,000, or 121,500 baht.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
they came just in time to miss the flooding of bangkok

If she is successful, it will open the floodgate to more claims from Ah Tiongs and Meimeis, the Indons, the Pinoy, the Ah Nehs, etc.

The family or relatives will sue the LTA - because the man jumped down from a pedestrian overhead bridge; HDB will be sued because someone jumped down from there; PUB will be sued because the mother and her son drowned in Bedok Reservoir; and the fellow who drown in the sea will sue.... the sea-dragon king.

Her insurance agent father is trying his luck. After all, Singaporeans have been extremely kind and generous as to donate more than $400,000 + $5000 from MRT to his daughter already. I think the generous donations may be used eventually to pay their lawyer fees and their whole family hotel accommodation and food here in Singapore.

Last edited:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she is successful, it will open the floodgate to more claims from Ah Tiongs and Meimeis, the Indons, the Pinoy, the Ah Nehs, etc.

The family or relatives will sue the LTA - because the man jumped down from a pedestrian overhead bridge; HDB will be sued because someone jumped down from there; PUB will be sued because the mother and her son drowned in Bedok Reservoir; and the fellow who drown in the sea will sue.... the sea-dragon king.

Her insurance agent father is trying his luck. After all, Singaporeans have been extremely kind and generous as to donate more than $400,000 + $5000 from MRT to his daughter already. I think the generous donations may be used eventually to pay their lawyer fees and their whole family hotel accommodation and food here in Singapore.

Easy money easy come and easy go deh!!!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's definitely not easy money. Nobody would give up a pair legs regardless of the money that is being offered.

Most importantly, the girl has the right to sue SMRT.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will a payout and there will be an increase in ticket price in the near future. They have to take it back from somewhere.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thai mei mei din come here to get mutilated but it did happen to her and she seems to be taking in the limelight. Anyone knows who the lawyers? milk milk...

Suicides at train stations barricades are erected. Suicides at reservoir walls should be built around the water?!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who in the first place opened the floodgates to the Ah nehs, Ah Tiongs and the Pinoys to come to this country..??? Its Your Beloved PAP lah...!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It certainly not easy money but the family is definitely trying to milk the situation. What was the family doing? Should they not be watching her at the station. Most roads are open with no barriers. They are using donated from gullible Singaporeans to sue SMRT.

The trains did not deviate from the tracks. If someone pushed, that is not fault of the SMRT unless the Platform is too crowded. Subway systems generally close the barriers once crowds go beyond a certain limit.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't call it a case of milking. They have the right to sue in a situation like that. I'm sure that the $4m figure is recommended by their legal adviser who in that position surely has to markup for the defendant to bargain.

Last edited:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The trains did not deviate from the tracks. If someone pushed, that is not fault of the SMRT unless the Platform is too crowded. Subway systems generally close the barriers once crowds go beyond a certain limit.

That's right the key word is "overcrowding".

It's common sense to me, I won't place myself in that precarious situation, but then, what do you expect from a young girl?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT now need to answer where is the video? How she fell down the track is push by other or she jump.,
No video but have so many video camera. I think is a dummy camera.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't call it a case of milking. They have the right to sue in a situation like that. I'm sure that the $4m figure is recommended by their legal adviser who in that position surely has to markup for the defendant to bargain.

I wonder who their legal advisors are. I suspect it's not one of the those big ones, but the small ones who are trying to steal the limelight and get some free publicity. I just don't believe that they will use the money that Singaporeans donated to sue SMRT. It might yet be another pro bono project for a small law firm. As far as her medical fees are concerned, I remember reading in BKK papers that some royals will foot the bill.

If the platform was indeed crowded at the time of the accident, then she might have a good case against MRT. In Bangkok and Taiwan, security staff are deployed at the platform to ensure order on the platform. That was the least that SMRT could have provided even if they did not have safety barriers erected at the point of time.

Last edited:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Milk Hub. Got milk?

got%2Bmilk%2Bshirt.jpg

michael_368

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope SMRT will not pay her, if they do, then flood gates will open to others like her case here.
I dont think in Thailand their mrt will not pay any of their country men for the compensation too. I never heard of any case they pay out there.
Only suckers who wants to get the easy monie from Singaporean. Dont pay!:mad:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope SMRT will not pay her, if they do, then flood gates will open to others like her case here.
I dont think in Thailand their mrt will not pay any of their country men for the compensation too. I never heard of any case they pay out there.
Only suckers who wants to get the easy monie from Singaporean. Dont pay!:mad:

It's no longer a case of whether SMRT will pay or will not pay. SMRT will be sued and the decision to pay lies not with SMRT but with the courts.

If SMRT was deemed negligent for not providing safety barriers or staff on the platform even though they knew that size of the platform could not contain the usual crowd, or that they did nothing to regulate the number of commuters entering the station during peak hours, or that the frequency of the trains resulted in the accumulation of crowd, then Nong Than has a case regardless of her nationality.

If SMRT is compelled by the courts to pay a huge compensation, it will not open the floodgates. Instead it will force SMRT to improve their service and security measures.

The root of the problem is Singapore is not yet prepared for such a massive influx of foreigners. The transport system is simply unable to sustain the kind of population growth that the regime is generating.