• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's The Difference Between M'sian Citizenship and M'sian PR WRT Entry to S'pore

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any bros can assist here?

I am aware M'sians on social visit passes are permitted to remain here for 30 days before they must leave S'pore. Same for their PRs in S'pore?

Employing M'sians on WPs, EPs etc status seems easy up till now. Same applies to employing their PRs?

Terimah kasih, tuans.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What's The Difference Between M'sian Citizenship and M'sian PR WRT Entry to S'por

Any bros can assist here?

I am aware M'sians on social visit passes are permitted to remain here for 30 days before they must leave S'pore. Same for their PRs in S'pore?

Employing M'sians on WPs, EPs etc status seems easy up till now. Same applies to employing their PRs?

Terimah kasih, tuans.

Eh boss... Msian PR can stay in SG as long as he likes leh ..

Boss.. you wan employ Msian collect ah long money for you ah? :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What's The Difference Between M'sian Citizenship and M'sian PR WRT Entry to S'por

No. Malaysian PRs do not have the same priviledge. The priviledges will depend on the country of issue of the passport holder. The same for Singapore PR entering Malaysia. All depend on passport issued by which country.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eh boss... Msian PR can stay in SG as long as he likes leh ..

Boss.. you wan employ Msian collect ah long money for you ah? :biggrin:

Towkay, I gave up the ah long biz years ago. Heart too soft cannot be in this biz. Concentrating on another biz where it is win-win-win for all 3 parties involved. That's why I am asking bros knowledgeable on this subject matter to apprise me.

All ok over your end?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Towkay, I gave up the ah long biz years ago. Heart too soft cannot be in this biz. Concentrating on another biz where it is win-win-win for all 3 parties involved. That's why I am asking bros knowledgeable on this subject matter to apprise me.

All ok over your end?

Ok Lah boss...cukup makan Saja.. :biggrin:

Boss si mi si Msian PR WRT? ??

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No. Malaysian PRs do not have the same priviledge. The priviledges will depend on the country of issue of the passport holder. The same for Singapore PR entering Malaysia. All depend on passport issued by which country.

Noted with thanks.

I am aware that upon issuance of PR and passport, the new M'sian PR is expected to stay within Malaysia for at least 6-12 mths. If trips outside M'sia needs to be made, short trips are ok. Can't just get M'sian PR then go live in another country, in most cases. Unless you are Li Ka Shing.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This situation I am familiar because I have a Malaysian friend who married a PRC who became Malaysia PR. When she enter Singapore, she still need to apply for a long term social visit pass if she intend to stay longer. My friend is a Singapore PR. Problem solved by applying for Singapore PR for the PRC wife. Now wife is both a PR of Singapore and Malaysia.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This situation I am familiar because I have a Malaysian friend who married a PRC who became Malaysia PR. When she enter Singapore, she still need to apply for a long term social visit pass if she intend to stay longer. My friend is a Singapore PR. Problem solved by applying for Singapore PR for the PRC wife. Now wife is both a PR of Singapore and Malaysia.

Was told it takes 5 years before M'sian PR is granted to PRC gal who marries M'sian Chinese. Wonder if time is shortened if married to local Malay. M'sian govt doesn't want too many Chinese.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was told it takes 5 years before M'sian PR is granted to PRC gal who marries M'sian Chinese. Wonder if time is shortened if married to local Malay. M'sian govt doesn't want too many Chinese.
My friend's case longer. Almost 7 years. To solve this problem, Singapore PR is the only way. My friend's wife application for Singapore PR is slightly less than a year and both of them are go to and fro SG/MY without problems. Their kids are still Malaysian citizens studying in Singapore.

Think it's similar case for Indonesia women. Not easy to get PR in Malaysia for Indonesians too.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No need to get Malaysia PR. As Singaporean is free to stay in Malaysia just need to re-stamp the passport at any immigration in Malaysia can extend for another 30 day.
Just maybe every few month come back to Singapore treat it as come back holiday.
If stay in JB even nearer and convenient every month just come back once.
Many Singaporean is doing this, mostly malay. Rent out HDB buy a landed property in JB everyday come to Singapore to work just like many Malaysia who stay in Malaysia work in Singapore.