• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any bros know what this kind of tattoo mean?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tend to see tattoos on the back of hands of Johor ah lians. Don't know what this part of the hand is called but it's the fleshy part between the thumb and index finger:

Best-Star-Tattoo-Design-on-Hand-for-2011.jpg

More than often they are young ah lians. Some of them quite chio. Usually in the service/blue collar line.

And as far as I can tell, they tend to be sparrow in flight tatts like this (paiseh picture shows guy's hand):
373575-47631-56.jpg
sparrow-tattoo-gallery.jpg

My questions are:

- Are they gang / SS tatts?
- If so, what vocation does it represent? Sparrow = quick hands of a Thief? Or Fighter?
- If not gang related, what is it supposed to represent? I read it is a sailor tattoo to angmors. I doubt those young ah lians are sailors. Does it represent heartbreak?

Any other bros here come across these tattoos? Can help shed light?

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a few friends with the same tattoo on the hand and Shoulder Joint.. But Most Singaporean tattoo doesnt represent anything nor they know what they represent.. Its more of "I LIKE IT" and i want to have it...

For example.. The 5 Dots on the Hand.. In a Dice pattern.. In Singapore Some say its Represent 18 Syh and some say it shows Gangsterism BUT Truth is.. The 4 Dot Present "WALL" and the Single dot in the Middle represents "You" = Its a prison tattoo or means Im surrounded by Walls and Im Contained.

Just like the Singapore Gangsters tattoo that doesnt follow meaning, The gangs themselves are without a Single Cause.. Unless you are up there and use it for Money gaining but that is a very Few.. The rest are just making up numbers. In-fact its embarrassing to be a secret society member now days. Some of my friends who are still in gangs when asked You still playing? Where now? They will proudly say im This and This.. My reply to remove that smirk of their face is... Fuck la waste of time.. That will shut them up straight.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

. In-fact its embarrassing to be a secret society member now days. Some of my friends who are still in gangs when asked You still playing? Where now? They will proudly say im This and This.. My reply to remove that smirk of their face is... Fuck la waste of time.. That will shut them up straight.

very true. gangsters and secret society members may have survived and even flourished in the 60s but these days its very difficult for them.

Bro Ramseth and his kakis will eat them up .... and ask for seconds.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tend to see tattoos on the back of hands of Johor ah lians. Don't know what this part of the hand is called but it's the fleshy part between the thumb and index finger:

Best-Star-Tattoo-Design-on-Hand-for-2011.jpg

More than often they are young ah lians. Some of them quite chio. Usually in the service/blue collar line.

373575-47631-56.jpg
sparrow-tattoo-gallery.jpg

My questions are:

- Are they gang / SS tatts?
- If so, what vocation does it represent? Sparrow = quick hands of a Thief? Or Fighter?
- If not gang related, what is it supposed to represent? I read it is a sailor tattoo to angmors. I doubt those young ah lians are sailors. Does it represent heartbreak?

Any other bros here come across these tattoos? Can help shed light?

From what i understand, though I am no expert, these ah lians are gang members. Saw many of them in bars and KTVs in JB before. Some (not many, I mean a few) work in Health Centres in JB. But I stand to be corrected, cos it was a few years ago that I saw them at those places.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is an ugly tattoo to begin with. Any girl putting up that shit is telling evryone she has no sense of class, never mind where she put it.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
燕子 ? Steadies of Motorcyle gang members in the early 80s. Real obiang. Male members have hairstyles with 2 tails like swallow tails. Motorcycle is 125 cc yamaha where the back is jack until so high. The exhaust are also modifiied to create annoying noise. They still around?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tattoos may look cool when you are young but become a source of embarassment when you grow old. Some people think that having tattoos makes others fear them but once reality kicks in, they will realise that lawmakers with no tattoos are the ones that should be feared most.

Have a peek inside the prisons and you will see all losers with big "frightening" tattoos.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what i understand, though I am no expert, these ah lians are gang members. Saw many of them in bars and KTVs in JB before. Some (not many, I mean a few) work in Health Centres in JB. But I stand to be corrected, cos it was a few years ago that I saw them at those places.

Yes.. most I've come across are in the service line. Masseuse, hairdressers, pub waitresses, cashiers and even one warehouse assistant...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
digressing a bit here...

The most interesting tattoo culture I've heard of belongs to the Russian gulags. Watched a NGC documentary on this before. They have their own artwork protocol..

3 towers mean 3 life sentences... this fucker must have been a hardcore criminal outside..
5.jpg

Cross means you are a boss (this pic was taken from the movie eastern promises starring aragon)
Viggo_Tattoo.jpg

If your backside have eyes, means you are somebody's or everybody's girlfriend inside
Glaza-na-zhope.png

And if you have a butterfly tattoo, it means you are 'papillion' - someone who has successfully escaped the gulags before and a very important consultant for future prison break attempts.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
燕子 ? Steadies of Motorcyle gang members in the early 80s. Real obiang. Male members have hairstyles with 2 tails like swallow tails. Motorcycle is 125 cc yamaha where the back is jack until so high. The exhaust are also modifiied to create annoying noise. They still around?

Those motor siao girlfriends should be fat aunties in their mid 40s now LOL!

willmars

It is a simple bird tattoo design, bird tattoo symbolize the meaning of freedom because of their ability to fly. They also represent the meaning of hopefulness and optimism.