• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bros, need advice (housing!)

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros

Having some financial difficulties paying HDB loan. Thinking of selling it away. But we fear we are not able to get a resale flat due to such prices.

Is there a way to get HDB rental flat? But I'm sure our income cannot meet the rental flat requirements.

Does seeing MP helps??

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, if your loan is from HDB, they normally can let you drag the payment for a few months. Seeing an MP helps also. I hope that you did not get a flat that is too big for your family size and income. I have seen some ofmy young colleagues earning less than 2k a month, combine salary with wife is around 4k buying 5 room flat and taking a 40k Reno loan.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros

Having some financial difficulties paying HDB loan. Thinking of selling it away. But we fear we are not able to get a resale flat due to such prices.

Is there a way to get HDB rental flat? But I'm sure our income cannot meet the rental flat requirements.

Does seeing MP helps??

MP will not likely help in matter of rental flat policy.

In the past as I know, you can only apply for rental flat 36 months after selling your flat.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
how they tahan? Need to top up lots of cash

Bro, if your loan is from HDB, they normally can let you drag the payment for a few months. Seeing an MP helps also. I hope that you did not get a flat that is too big for your family size and income. I have seen some ofmy young colleagues earning less than 2k a month, combine salary with wife is around 4k buying 5 room flat and taking a 40k Reno loan.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how much is your hdb loan per month? have you max the years of repayment for 30 years, if not, you may want to try that. do you have problems paying your utilities? do you have kids?
are you working, if not, this is my suggestion:
if so,i suggest you write directly to PM Lee.

bros

Does seeing MP helps??

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
how they tahan? Need to top up lots of cash

That's why everyday come to work, my colleague face black black. Night time have to go work part time also. All these young people... 10 years ago when I started working, I have a colleague who earns around 1.8k a month and to please his gf then, went to buy a Mazda 6.....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why everyday come to work, my colleague face black black. Night time have to go work part time also. All these young people... 10 years ago when I started working, I have a colleague who earns around 1.8k a month and to please his gf then, went to buy a Mazda 6.....

a cheaper way is to find another gf..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Recipe for premature aging :(

It takes time to build a nest egg.
If they don't start at a young age I don't see how they'll ever be able to afford a roof over their head:confused:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Thailand?

When Tonychat refers to g/f, he really meant ladyboy. Then he will deploy his 'g/f' at Changi Village, and when the 'g/f' makes enough money he will force the 'g/f' to buy him a mazda 6.

That has been the life of Tonychat ever since his RC refused to let him po lau lee's lampar.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky I bought my pigeon hole during the surplus years. Those were the last of the 'cheap flats'. Now sinkees die with their cock standing paying their hdb.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought in 2004. At that time got choice of Sembawang, Jurong West, Sengkang and Woodlands. I took woodlands 5 room near my grandmama house.

189k for 110sq//m

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bros

Does seeing MP helps??
More information needed. Do you still have stable income? how many in the family are paying for the HDB mortgage? Possible to downgrade?
Possible to rent out additional rooms?

I think for HDB rental, the MP will at most write to HDB and response from HDB is the usual.. "due to the high volume of applications.......we regret........your application will not be considered at this point of time..........."

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Those people who got their flats early were lucky. Now a 3 room flat in AMK is going for 300k ++. fuck those sellers now. I have seen ppl asking 60k cov for a 3 room flat.

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those people who got their flats early were lucky. Now a 3 room flat in AMK is going for 300k ++. fuck those sellers now. I have seen ppl asking 60k cov for a 3 room flat.

$60k COV? Which area? Almost like buying a new car! Give it time with Europe and USA still uncertain, assuming you can wait for a resale. With new $10k ceiling for new flats, sellers will slowly feel that they cannot command anyhow asking price anymore.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
$60k COV? Which area? Almost like buying a new car! Give it time with Europe and USA still uncertain, assuming you can wait for a resale. With new $10k ceiling for new flats, sellers will slowly feel that they cannot command anyhow asking price anymore.

I saw it on property guru few days ago. Forgot the area. I just re-visited that website and was zooming on bedok north 3 room flats. Guess what's the majority of the cov? At least 35k!