• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of them will jiak chao when the property prices crash comes. They don't add to the jobless statistics :wink:

But a small number of them will survive -- these are the good ones with contacts to the mega rich. The mega rich will sweep all the cheap properties in one go. Generally Singaporean condominum owners are surviving beyond their means.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
buyers beware!

there is no such thing as ever increasing prices for homes. there will be a time when a maximum will be reached where pple will not be able sustain such high prices. i expect home prices, especially private homes prices to stagnate and come down in few years time. btw, China's property prices has already been going down. HDB is a safe bet as government will not allow their home prices to swing too much.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
agents survive on volume not on dropping prices,,,, if property prices crash, and still have buyers at cheap prices, agents still make money as long as there are sales,,,,

and with property marketing company going china to con rich chinese buyers, short term wise, private properties prices unlikely to come down

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a colleague who bought a piece of land in Serangoon. The goal was to build a future home for retirement. With property prices skyrocketing this colleague decided to sell the place & stay at the HDB place

Gov't policy has encouraged speculation.
Can't really blame my friend, who can afford to turn down a million$$$ in profits :confused:

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the new launches are bought by foreign people. U habitan at eunos is said to be sold to Chinese mainlanders who were brought here by the developers on all expanse paid trips once they sign the dotted line. Not many sg people have the money to buy, but is the money used to buy this condos clean or dirty. Pap govt don't give a shit. They even sell to Burmese generals who have human rights problems just like our govt.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
friend,

there are about 30k agents in singapore market. looking at recent advertisements, they are enticing sporeans to invest in foreign property market. it has been quiet in this industry for the past 3 months. even in times of property crash which is indirectly linked by the world economy, i doubt there will be many genuine buyers.

china has already started to build their own version of HDB to curb their property prices for few years already. i think the trend is to make their own property affordable to their own pple. unless, you are super rich prc then may be a different story. fyi, a lot of rich prcs will rather send their kids to europe and america, they will give money to them to start their own biz there, and at the same time, wire out their money to them as a form of money laundering.

agents survive on volume not on dropping prices,,,, if property prices crash, and still have buyers at cheap prices, agents still make money as long as there are sales,,,,

and with property marketing company going china to con rich chinese buyers, short term wise, private properties prices unlikely to come down

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of them will jiak chao when the property prices crash comes. They don't add to the jobless statistics :wink:

But a small number of them will survive -- these are the good ones with contacts to the mega rich. The mega rich will sweep all the cheap properties in one go. Generally Singaporean condominum owners are surviving beyond their means.
I got to know many property agents when I sold my previous flat and bought my current flats. You will be surprise to know how far some female agents are willing to go just to close a small 3 room HDB pigeonhole. Not saying all are like that. Most successful agents are the younger and attractive ones.
In my case, I gave the deal to the most honest one.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got to know many property agents when I sold my previous flat and bought my current flats. You will be surprise to know how far some female agents are willing to go just to close a small 3 room HDB pigeonhole. Not saying all are like that. Most successful agents are the younger and attractive ones.
In my case, I gave the deal to the most honest one.

I agree with you, but in a Globalized economy, what is even more surprising is the number of property agents who are not willing to go too far just to secure a deal. I also agree with you that the successful agents are the younger and attractive ones....it is the same as the Banking business....how many successful RM's do you know who are old and ugly?

Yes, the honest ones are a rare treasure, aren't they? Some of them become my friends for life(no hanky panky though, even though they are v pretty: i am scared they will not find the good deals for me!)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you, but in a Globalized economy, what is even more surprising is the number of property agents who are not willing to go too far just to secure a deal. I also agree with you that the successful agents are the younger and attractive ones....it is the same as the Banking business....how many successful RM's do you know who are old and ugly?

Yes, the honest ones are a rare treasure, aren't they? Some of them become my friends for life(no hanky panky though, even though they are v pretty: i am scared they will not find the good deals for me!)
Yes, the honest ones are indeed rare. With the current property market, think there will be more and more of these agents who will offer more beyond their scope. It's just too competitive.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the honest ones are indeed rare. With the current property market, think there will be more and more of these agents who will offer more beyond their scope. It's just too competitive.

In the final analysis, only the bottom line counts. Applies to Bank RM's, applies to Property Agents. If they know how to make money for their clients, there will be no need for them to provide "extra services." If they do not know how to make money for their clients, even doing a Monica Lewinsky on the client will not help in the long term. Sure to get fired. Like you say, it is just too competitive.

One or two are really, really beautiful, though. I mean, almost mesmerizing. I admit to being really stunned by these Top 1% of the class.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the final analysis, only the bottom line counts. Applies to Bank RM's, applies to Property Agents. If they know how to make money for their clients, there will be no need for them to provide "extra services." If they do not know how to make money for their clients, even doing a Monica Lewinsky on the client will not help in the long term. Sure to get fired. Like you say, it is just too competitive.

One or two are really, really beautiful, though. I mean, almost mesmerizing. I admit to being really stunned by these Top 1% of the class.
If I am not mistaken, many agents belong to a smaller agencies. And every year, there's some kind of big award at the national level like million table or diamond/gold club. Those that meet or exceed target are treated like kings and queens. Those that do not make it are treated the other way. The successful ones are made to parade around with their luxurious pocesion and the losers agents are reminded to learn from these role models.