• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign Talent monks asking tourists for money

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Monks spotted asking tourists for money
Zenzen
inSing.com - 24 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

A group of monks have been spotted loitering around the Singapore River area asking money from passersby.

A netizen "Kong Woon" took photos of these monks and submitted the pictures to the Stomp website.

Kong Woon said, "I see them almost every day, asking tourists for money. They always target Caucasians and innocent-looking young girls."

Commenting on this phenomenon, netizens recall that foreign monks had been seen some time back plying the heartland estates and asking money from HDB dwellers.

However, the monks were exposed and stopped by the police back then. Netizens believe that the same monks might have moved to another place to target tourists instead of Singaporeans.

Many netizens feel that these monks are running a scam. Those who have encountered them share that the monks ask for money to build a temple back in their home country, wherever it might be.

Finally, netizens also remarked that these scams tend to appear in Singapore as locals here tend to be kind-hearted and generous towards charity.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just screwed one pair of these prc fake monks at bugis about two weeks ago. They approached me, handed me a small amulet, took out a book and asked for donations. Therein the book, afew names written in english and donations SGD50 and above.

They even have the cheek to tell me each donation should be at least SGD50 and showed me the records. That make me damn tu lan.

I told them I will ask "GongAn" to give them SGD50, and their face turned black and walked away.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
still under moderation.....This forum requires that you wait 40 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I encounter them I will call police and make sure they spend time in changi hotel, those KNN Ah Tiong

General

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monks spotted asking tourists for money
Zenzen
inSing.com - 24 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg

A group of monks have been spotted loitering around the Singapore River area asking money from passersby.

A netizen "Kong Woon" took photos of these monks and submitted the pictures to the Stomp website.

Kong Woon said, "I see them almost every day, asking tourists for money. They always target Caucasians and innocent-looking young girls."

Commenting on this phenomenon, netizens recall that foreign monks had been seen some time back plying the heartland estates and asking money from HDB dwellers.

However, the monks were exposed and stopped by the police back then. Netizens believe that the same monks might have moved to another place to target tourists instead of Singaporeans.

Many netizens feel that these monks are running a scam. Those who have encountered them share that the monks ask for money to build a temple back in their home country, wherever it might be.

Finally, netizens also remarked that these scams tend to appear in Singapore as locals here tend to be kind-hearted and generous towards charity.

oh is it a fair skinned indian thats scamming? oh wait, im wrong again?