• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government to tighten up moneylender lincenses by.....

jw5

Loyal
What in the world is a "licensed moneylender"?
Weren't licensed moneylenders used to be called banks and finance companies?
And unlicensed moneylenders were called loansharks or ah longs? :mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i propose we must have licensed MPs too..

all MPs must first pass a O levels & speech / EQ tests...

with this criteria - i am sure certain Kate Spade aficionado will not even make the cut.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Making the moneylenders take written test and must have 4 'O' level passes....... :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Basically, it means almost every Singaporeans or PRs can become moneylender.
And would like to know what's in the test? Accounting? Mathematics? or how to threaten people who owe money?
Cannot be on interest computation method?

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
i propose we must have licensed MPs too..

all MPs must first pass a O levels & speech / EQ tests...

with this criteria - i am sure certain Kate Spade aficionado will not even make the cut.

If your proposed test includes speech tests, we will lose a brilliant strategist in Zorro. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think how to write the T&C, no O$P$ signings, must be educated, no threatens allowed. Can someone post the article? its on TNP today, I'm at KL, LOL

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place,how come this moneylender's can advertise like nobody bussiness in the newpaper? Why until now then the relevant authorities take action?