• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ghostly voice of drowned woman heard

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pc_600x450.jpg
Source: Lianhe Wanbao

A reporter claims that she heard a ghostly voice belonging to the woman who drowned at Bedok Reservoir last month.

Malaysian reporter Huang Yan Qin had been at Mandai Crematorium on 28 September to do a story on the twin-deaths that took place last month at Bedok Reservoir.

On 22 September, 32-year-old housewife Chen Shi Shi had drowned in the reservoir with her 3-year-old son Chen Le Hui. Both died while clad in red clothes.

It is a Chinese belief that those who die while clad in red will return as vengeful spirits.

Huang was with several other reporters witnessing Chen's family collect the deceased's ashes when something odd happened to her.

According to Huang, she heard a ghostly voice whisper, "I've let go".

Huang said, "I thought I was imagining it. But when the family was placing the ashes into the urn, I heard the voice again. It was a woman's voice saying, "It's alright, I've let go".

Huang had felt giddy the moment she arrived at the crematorium that day. When she returned to Malaysia the next day, she came down with a high fever and developed swelling around her eyes which lasted three days.

Huang has since recovered but remains freaked out by the incident.

According to funeral worker He Xue Li, who was also present at the crematorium, the deceased may contact those outside the family if family members are deemed too emotional to accept their message.

Funeral worker He added, "The reporter will probably be fine. Maybe she could go make some offerings to the deceased mother-and-son pair the next time she returns to Singapore."

This is not the first time the mother-and-son pair were said to be the cause of bizarre paranormal happenings.On 25 September, the pair were said to have returned as spirits to visit their family, leaving "footprints" in talcum powder scattered on the floor

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not exactly axiomatic but, as a rule of thumb, you can roughly judge how intelligent a person is by his/her attitude towards superstitions and irrational, unsubstantiated beliefs. High IQ is significantly correlated with atheism, for instance. :smile:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng also knows how to create ghost noise, "when strong wind blowing, close windows until just a little gap in between so u will hear the 'phew...phew...' noise, then slight ur fingers up and down ur guitar strings to make the creepy sounds, etc...":biggrin:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's hope the deceased mother have really 'let go'.

With the whole nation knowing her grievances, she might just have.

Some need a listening ear to let things go.