• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Subsidised" medicine - a case of the poor subsidising the pharma MNCs instead?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He thinks maybe the government’s medicine procurement policies are inefficient. How come a profit-making M’sian pharmist chain can match SingHealth’s prices? Or maybe that the government is paying the drug makers more so that they will make pills here and invest in R&D facilities here.

In other words, are polyclinic patients subsidising rich MNCs so that the government can boast of its success in attracting drug companies to set up pill-making plants and R&D facilities here? Their presence here, incidentally, boosts GDP growth and, indirectly, the bonuses of ministers and senior civil servants.

- http://atans1.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/healthcare-who-is-subsidising-whom/

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same As Privatising Govt Works

edinburgh_transport_trams_2009_poster.jpg

When they privatised POSB, PUB, SingTel, etc. the people were being dispossessed of their ownership by the evil fascist which they sold them for profits. The people will continue to suffer.

1) The efficient private-sector is a myth. There are only a small number of ways in which private companies can run a public service more efficiently. Let’s have another list:

• Reduce the quality of the service
  • Sack people
  • Pay their employees less
  • Hire less qualified staff
  • Reduce working terms and conditions

If the private company is being more efficient in other ways (so let’s say they change supplier and buy a necessary product at a lower price), then those options are also open to the government in-house, and the privatisation isn’t necessary. What privatisation essentially does is pass the service onto a company where the trades union representation isn’t as good, so they can treat their staff worse than they could get away with if they did it in-house. I don’t think that’s what the people want.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In other words, are polyclinic patients subsidising rich MNCs so that the government can boast of its success in attracting drug companies to set up pill-making plants and R&D facilities here? Their presence here, incidentally, boosts GDP growth and, indirectly, the bonuses of ministers and senior civil servants.

Heard that Sporeans are going to JB for dialysis because its cheaper than having it done in Spore:rolleyes:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pharma coys are one the biggest corporate bastards in the world. They have put a bad light on Traditional medicine which has been used by civilization for thousands and thousands and thousands of years. Modern medicine will always have a side effect attached to it. Got a headache? Try taking 10 panadols and that will be your last headache, even if you take a couple every time you have a headache, You will one day have liver problems.. Lots of modern medicine will also lead to more problems like Liver failure and kidney failures.. Go for herbs.. Even marijuana is known to cure and sedate lots of illness but its illegal but things like codeine are legit, In certain region of the world.. All that is needed to cure a broken rib cage is not by operating it, But by applying herbs onto the affected region and soon enough the bones will heal. Dirty Politics my friends Dirty Politics.

But there is defiantly some modern day medicine/western medicine that is of good use and is of extrem importance One of which is Morphine..You dont want to be operated while being awake and fully conscience But many illness can be cured by Herbs and Spices.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pharma coys are one the biggest corporate bastards in the world. They have put a bad light on Traditional medicine which has been used by civilization for thousands and thousands and thousands of years. Modern medicine will always have a side effect attached to it. Got a headache? Try taking 10 panadols and that will be your last headache, even if you take a couple every time you have a headache, You will one day have liver problems.. Lots of modern medicine will also lead to more problems like Liver failure and kidney failures.. Go for herbs.. Even marijuana is known to cure and sedate lots of illness but its illegal but things like codeine are legit, In certain region of the world.. All that is needed to cure a broken rib cage is not by operating it, But by applying herbs onto the affected region and soon enough the bones will heal. Dirty Politics my friends Dirty Politics.

But there is defiantly some modern day medicine/western medicine that is of good use and is of extrem importance One of which is Morphine..You dont want to be operated while being awake and fully conscience But many illness can be cured by Herbs and Spices.

I have many older relatives who are in their 80's & still around.

However the new & current generation generation are struggling with medical problems . The fact is that we are being poisoned by greed. Many of the new food processing technologies are being used because they are profitable$$ to the agro business & not because they are better or healthier.

Same thing with big pharma where the profit comes first. In fact big pharma has been accused of suppressing, misleading & lying. :rolleyes:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I almost never take any western medicine, not even panadol (Paracetamol). The only one I took is anti-biotics but only when it is absolutely necessary.
During my younger days, I like to take panadol for the slightest headache until doctor advice me not to. For slight headaches, still OK by going to sleep. For more severe headache, can be quite torturing so eneded up taking more and more panadol for a slight headache.
Till now, I don't take paracetamol for headaches. Usually, I just bear with it and go to sleep. Next morning, usually gone.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I almost never take any western medicine, not even panadol (Paracetamol). The only one I took is anti-biotics but only when it is absolutely necessary.
During my younger days, I like to take panadol for the slightest headache until doctor advice me not to. For slight headaches, still OK by going to sleep. For more severe headache, can be quite torturing so eneded up taking more and more panadol for a slight headache.
Till now, I don't take paracetamol for headaches. Usually, I just bear with it and go to sleep. Next morning, usually gone.

I never take any Chinese medicine internally. The one I use externally occasionally is the green grass ointment for minor wounds. Very painful when applied but very effective and quick healing.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never take any Chinese medicine internally. The one I use externally occasionally is the green grass ointment for minor wounds. Very painful when applied but very effective and quick healing.
If you are talking about those nicely packed china made medicine sold in Chinese Pharmacy, same here. I do not take except PO CHAI PILLS.

Chinese Medicine very wide. Even Bak Kut Teh are from Chinese herbs. Chrysanthemum also can be classified as one of Chinese herbs.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are talking about those nicely packed china made medicine sold in Chinese Pharmacy, same here. I do not take except PO CHAI PILLS.

Chinese Medicine very wide. Even Bak Kut Teh are from Chinese herbs. Chrysanthemum also can be classified as one of Chinese herbs.

I'm talking about a little bottle called green grass, the logo is two prawns. It's used for external wounds. If you're talking about Chinese herbal soups, I do like Chinese pork rib and mutton soups, though I don't take them medically for specific remdey, just as general food and tonic. Chinese culinary is very good with soups. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm talking about a little bottle called green grass, the logo is two prawns. It's used for external wounds. If you're talking about Chinese herbal soups, I do like Chinese pork rib and mutton soups, though I don't take them medically for specific remdey, just as general food and tonic. Chinese culinary is very good with soups. :smile:
Yes, I know this one. It's called Qing1 Cao3 You2. One of the item I packed for running road along with Po chai pills. Actually, do you know qing cao you can also be used for toothache?:eek:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I know this one. It's called Qing1 Cao3 You2. One of the item I packed for running road along with Po chai pills. Actually, do you know qing cao you can also be used for toothache?:eek:

Put that into my mouth? Sorry no thanks, I'd rather see a dentist. My wife's favorite is Tiger balm rub. Here ache there ache, rub here rub there. She tried Green Grass once when she fell with a bruise on her knee. When applied, she screamed worse than when having the fall itself and swore never to use it again.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never tried on the mouth yet. Just saw it on the packaging and it says "Toothache and Stomachache". I have one bottle with me now. Actually it's a kind of Herbal antiseptic, just like Dettol. Tried all types and this one heals fastest. The only problem with Qing Cao You is the yellowish stain that will stay for quite awhile.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In their early days, pharmaceutical companies were formed by chemists, botanists, biologists, who challenged themselves to search out medicinal plants and herbs and extract the effective components out of the to make drugs to cure ailments in humans and animals. That's history.

Today, these companies have evolved into monster entities, headed by CEOs with their MBAs where bottom line is all that matters. Even though I am guided by science and logic, I will only rely on the products of these companies when there are no other alternatives left rather than fall into their greed plan. For me these days, it is TCM, naturopathic, ayurvedic, even old-wives' methods first, then "modern" methods. And I've been avoiding medical tests since ten years ago when those bastards sent me for skin cancer biopsy which turned out to be nothing but rashes.

Cheers!