• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Future MRT Network in Singapore

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With so many stations it's going to be an expensive system to build & maintain. Guess who is going to pay :rolleyes:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Long Linkage Of MRT Carriages Is Far Heavier Than A Car !

images

They can tell you why you should not have a car. But, I can tell them many reasons besides being ostentatious why I need a car.

MRT and buses do not operate on 24hrs ... so, no can do.

Cab drivers choose their paying customers ie. no dogs or drunk Chinese allowed = no can do.

Some like to have hanky panky events in it = no can do for some.

How much energy do you need to move one man from one end to another ? I think the car is more ecofriendly.

mrt-line-crazy.jpg

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies in Sinkandpoor gonna get the "real" Sinking feeling very soon with that many underground tunnels on that red dot island.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the time the network hor seh liao,
lianbeng can up lorry liao... :biggrin:

lianbeng wana use mrt train instead of lorry can anot?:confused:
maybe next time all funeral processions can use mrt trains to kongmeng sua liao.:biggrin: "next stop: thomson! too...too...too..."

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe next time all funeral processions can use mrt trains to kongmeng sua liao.:biggrin: "next stop: thomson! too...too...too..."

Cannot. Not even lorry. Up the van is new tradition LOL

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remembered a few years back, a version of this map was floating around the cyberworld.

anyways...not surprised that ultimately, the network will look like that. it will be of higher density than Paris / Tokyo.

what i am more concerned, what will the fare be? Min. starting fare = 5 dollars?

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remembered a few years back, a version of this map was floating around the cyberworld.

anyways...not surprised that ultimately, the network will look like that. it will be of higher density than Paris / Tokyo.

what i am more concerned, what will the fare be? Min. starting fare = 5 dollars?

System of that size requires more commuters to keep it sustainable & profitable. Are sinkies producing enough to feed the system? Then welcome the age of convenient MRT links & welcome the stage of sinkies becoming minority of less than 15% in population! 100 million sing dollars are not considered profitable in the current network, based it on network size, distance of tracks built & infrastructures & manpower required to run the current system, we should be looking at 2x the current comparison in terms of investments vs returns for the system to be profitable. Sinkies being non productive even when it comes to fucking & producing the next generation, the govet can only built this system & maintain its profitability by bringing in another 10 million FTs. Mark my words 20 years down the road & you will see the population of this little red speck swell to more than 15 millions & true blue sinkies will be less than 15%!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cannot. SMRT has a rule about the size of what you can carry carry into the trains. Those who bought TV's found out about this rule:smile:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cannot. But lianbeng's body can be laid on the mrt track..

Train is coming....Wooosh.... lianbeng is gone.

Save space.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng asks, "u mean bicycles, shopping carts and baby strollers can lah.":biggrin:

I once saw a guy jump over the barrier & ran off without paying the MRT fare. It was the 1st time I witnessed such a thing :eek: My colleague asked me why I didn't help, I only laughed.

If SMRT is going to set all kinds of silly rules, they better have enough staff to enforce them:smile:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I once saw a guy jump over the barrier & ran off without paying the MRT fare. It was the 1st time I witnessed such a thing :eek: My colleague asked me why I didn't help, I only laughed.

lianbeng replies, "either way he will still have to pay mah. if he jumped barrier at entrance, he will have to jump at the next exit or pay lor. if he jumped at exit, he will still have to pay at next entrance lor. then, he might have to pay more lor unless...he jumped at both entrance n exit lor.":biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

If SMRT is going to set all kinds of silly rules, they better have enough staff to enforce them:smile:

It makes no sense to jump MRT fare gates. For what? $2 or $3? Surely more than that, either terrorist or criminal on the run. If I see that, I'll both alert control station and call police.