• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Circle line is packed like Mumbai train station!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Netizens voice dismay over MRT overcrowding
Zenzen
inSing.com - 23 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pic / Internet)</cite>
Netizens are commenting about a photo of crowds thronging the Circle Line platform at Bishan MRT station.

The photo, together with a similar one published in today's edition of The Straits Times, was taken during the evening peak hours yesterday on 11 October.

Commenting on these photos, netizens were shocked and dismayed with the overcrowding in our public transport system.

Two netizens even compared the "scary" crowds to "Chinatown during the Chinese New Year period", and the crowds that turn up for computer fairs, which take place once every three months in Singapore.

Except that the crowds are now "a daily occurrence", said netizen "TopGun".

Another netizen "yeocxs" summed it up, "The government is trying to encourage people to take public transport. But who would want to do so after seeing this photo?"

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes !...its a jungle out there.Quite nightmarish.Today is the first day I took the route,quite unavoidable though.Where did this crowd came from?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the point of building so many stations when there is gridlock in the key(interchange) stations:confused:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Surprisingly,there is some truth in what you had posted.

Because today I witnessed 2 South Asians behaving quite brute ...1 I guess is a Bangla and the other obviously is an Indian FT--a girl in her 20s.Both beating an old man to a seat reserved for the elderly'....one after another.The gall of it all is that the young Bangla got 3 stations after,as if he cannot stand that long!!!!.

This circle line is bringing out the worst in human .No thanks to its Malaysian CEO.

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Matter of time
before another "accident"
of someone falling onto the track, ala the Thai girl who "fainted"

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP should not build any MRT line, last time no MRT line when every sinkies have to take bus no ppl complaint.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
the funny thing is this, they have a shorter version of the train for the circle line. Reason: they think not much people will take it. See what happen

sixinchcasanova

Agreed that the circle line is crowded. What you are doing by posting a counter-image is merely sensationalizing the issue.

By the way, if you want to sensationalize, at least get your facts right and don't be so ignorant!

Your image URL is: hXXp://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/08/02/142065-an-overcrowded-train-leaves-dhakas-airport-rail-station-ahead-of-the-m.jpg

Dhaka is in Bangladesh. This is Bangladesh. A completely different country. Thousands of miles away from Mumbai, India. I know you are very excited at this opportunity to join the bashing. But please get your facts right.

=================
On a different note, the image of Circle Line is SHOCKING to say the least! Holy ****! :O I have never seen such crowds here before!

'Nuff Said!

Signing off,
S.I.C.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprisingly,there is some truth in what you had posted.

Because today I witnessed 2 South Asians behaving quite brute ...1 I guess is a Bangla and the other obviously is an Indian FT--a girl in her 20s.Both beating an old man to a seat reserved for the elderly'....one after another.The gall of it all is that the young Bangla got 3 stations after,as if he cannot stand that long!!!!.

This circle line is bringing out the worst in human .No thanks to its Malaysian CEO.

See my siggi ....

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Circle Line is an oxymoron.
How can a circle be a line? :biggrin:

OXY because MRT is run by people with a great sense of bovine emission.

MORON because, well, they ARE morons

But then again, you need a line to complete a circle?