• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman heard you - he wants to improve quality of your life for next 5 years

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Government spending is expected to rise over the next five years as it embarks on plans to improve the quality of life for Singaporeans.

These plans include improving the transport infrastructure, enhancing the educational and healthcare systems and improving the quality of housing, listed Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Tuesday.

This will result in "government expenditure rising as a percentage of GDP in the next five years," he was quoted by The Straits Times as saying.

- http://sg.news.yahoo.com/gov-t-spending-to-increase-to-improve-quality-of-life.html

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why 5 years? It's so arbitrary, so irrational. I prefer something more precise, more boring and down to Earth like: "government expenditure is projected to rise by 3.432% on June 13 2014". All social, political and economic problems can be reduced to insufficient information. Governments, people, corporations should strive towards attaining information stringency.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... This will result in "government expenditure rising ... in the next five years," ...
aiyah! ... b mor direct la ...

wanna raise gst? ... say so la ...

wanna raise transpot fare? ... say so la ...

wanna raise educational fees? ... say so la ...

wanna raise medisave? ... say so la ...

wanna raise hausing costs? ... say so la ...

juz say it, man! ... :rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a wonder why most sporeans still read the crap that ST headlines always produces, with the internet available

You can't avoid crap if you don't know what crap is. As I've said a million times, people deserve the government they voted for. We the 40% may complain but the truth is that the 60% enjoy being fucked. They enjoy being ignorant. The onus is on the opposition to convince these sheep that voting the PAPpies out of power can only be good for Singapore. But do we have an opposition with such persuasiveness? I doubt so. So the next best thing is to wait for the PAPpies to self-destruct and implode. I'm sure the likes of Lim S.S, TPL and C.C Sing are trying their best to achieve that. :smile: