• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I hope she did it for love and not money...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20111010.204111_terminallyillrotator.jpg

SINGAPORE - Doctors told him he had only five years left to live, but his girlfriend insisted on marrying him anyway.

And on Oct 8, the 30-year-old Republic of Singapore Air Force officer finally gave up the fight against brain cancer after battling it for three years.

Mr Ho Jian Heng was found to have Ependymoma in 2008.

He and his then-girlfriend, Zhuo Yan Ling, then planned to marry two months later.

31-year-old Ms Zhuo, now Mr Ho's wife, told Lianhe Wanbao that her husband initially refused to marry her, fearing that she would find it hard to get a husband after he passed away.

He also faced his condition fearlessly.

"He never gave up and went for all the treatments no matter how difficult they were. He was very brave," she said.

Ms Zhuo also said that her husband could not bear to leave her even when he was in the latter stages of cancer.

"The last thing he said to me was that he hoped for me to take care of myself and that he regretted not being able to accompany me to live out our lives together."

The couple got engaged on March 6, 2006 and was deeply in love. They stayed at Block 434, Ang Mo Kio Street 43.

"We knew each other when we were studying. After we got married, he took good care of me and my family."

"It's rare to find someone like him."

According to Lianhe Wanbao, Ms Zhuo lost weight after not eating and sleeping well while caring for her husband when he was ill.

Booked a niche space beside husband

Ms Zhuo also told the Chinese daily that her husband often reminded her on the things to handle after he knew of his condition.

However, she refused to listen because she believed he had a chance of surviving.

When she was handling his funeral matters, she decided to book a niche beside his urn so that they will be together forever.

The niches happened to be numbered 30 and 31, his age when he died and her current age respectively.

Ms Zhuo also said her dog seemed to sense that her husband had passed away and looked sad.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be "The couple got engaged on March 6, 2006 and WERE deeply in love.".

Have to go with Leongsam on this one. :wink:

In this context, it takes two to be deeply in love, of course there are exceptions where a person falls deeply in love with himself. There are quite a few here.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
love makes the world go around
demolishes fear and hatred.
one held dear despite the end is near
another chose to end her fears
434 死生死, street 43 死生
life & death...death > life.
sad
strength
hope

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Very tricky. The word "couple" can be both singular or plural.

In this context, the "deeply in love" part is how they feel about each other. "Couple" therefore has to be considered to be plural.