• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich woman kenna conned $1.9M by dangki

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wealthy woman 'controlled' by spirit medium
Lianhe Wanbao - 22 hrs 56 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">The calligraphy piece with the Chinese character 'Buddha' that the woman bought for $518,000.</cite>
A wealthy businesswoman said she tranferred her bungalow worth $1.9 million to a spirit medium.

According to the woman, she had "no choice" but to obey what the medium says whenever he is "possessed by deities".

She had met the medium by chance in a temple some time after she divorced her ex-husband.

The spirit medium, a man in his 70s, is the resident abbot of the temple.

The businesswoman related one incident where she had to obey the medium's commands.

In an auction last year, the medium wrote the Chinese character for "Buddha" and commanded her to buy the calligraphy piece. He claimed that the piece contains his holy powers and she must buy it "even if it may cost her more than $500,000".

Somehow, the woman followed the medium's instructions and got into a bidding war that evening, raising the price of the calligraphy piece by $10,000 with each bid. She eventually won the bid with $518,000.

Two years ago, something similar happened. The possessed medium commanded her to borrow $600,000 to buy a bungalow. In order to obey his orders, she sold her stock options to raise the money and has not managed to repay the loan until this day.

Under the medium's instructions, she eventually transferred a $1.9 million bungalow to the man's name.

Not only that, the medium often asks her for money and the woman willingly gives him tens of thousands each time.

She has since lodged a police report in an attempt to stop the con man.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 8 October 2011.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw ok she lodged the police report so the police are somehow suppose to prevent or arrest the medium for making her willingly give over her money?

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stupidity of some people knows no bounds. In other words, this woman is stupid beyond comprehension.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
518K for a piece of paper and another 1.9 mil bungalow? What does the 70 something year old Tang Ki wants to do with so much money?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imo, she has no case. She did it out of blind faith. If the medium is quilty, then all the pastors will be just as guilty.

Btw ok she lodged the police report so the police are somehow suppose to prevent or arrest the medium for making her willingly give over her money?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i bet there they are having an affair and things didn't went well that why she went to the police

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a limit to stupidity. es. Money will be forever not enough but 518K in SGD for a paper??? Not Thai Baht leh. Most Thais can go into semi-retirement with THB 518K. If SGD 518K, can retire a few times.
The most expensive of paper I ever bought in my life was COE 20K+ and only last 10 years. That piece of paper could almost buy a brand new honda city/toyota vios in Thailand.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i bet there they are having an affair and things didn't went well that why she went to the police

That is the problem with Shit Times - Reporters With Borders. Readers don't even get to see her age published. With that her age can be anything from twenties to seventies... :biggrin:

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imo, she has no case. She did it out of blind faith. If the medium is quilty, then all the pastors will be just as guilty.

I think a pastor went to jail for similar offence years ago.
Pastor say it was goodwill but lady says it was fraud.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Time to change job! No wonder so many young men are becoming Taoist priest nowadays!